The NCAA Tournament may be the most treasured of our postseason spectacles, with its single elimination format giving the biggest underdogs a chance against college basketball's elite. Sometimes, those contests come down to the final seconds and give us the most unforgettable finishes. As this year's tournament gets underway, here are some classic buzzer beaters.
It’s a classic NCAA Sweet 16 matchup of elite offensive efficiency and outstanding defense, with both teams boasting an ability to thrive in an up-tempo game.
It’s a new building, but the last time the storied Indiana and North Carolina men’s basketball programs faced off in Philadelphia, an NCAA championship was on the line.
This is Greg Gard's Wisconsin team in the Sweet 16, but even the magnitude of the stage couldn't save the Badgers' head coach from being peppered with questions Thursday about the last man in his position, longtime head coach Bo Ryan.
What else would be expected of Linc Darner? In the first year as coach of the NCAA Division I Green Bay Phoenix, Darner has gotten his men's basketball team into the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1996.
We watch the Selection Show, we process whom the teams we follow are playing, what region they're in and where they're seeded, and where they're going to play. Then, we look at the overall bracket, take note of the snubs, and spend about 24 hours passionately making arguments one way or another. Then, the anger fades.
- POLICE NEWS: Victim shot, injured in Goshen
- Woman gains $10K from Twitter philanthropy amid life-after-prison struggle
- POLICE NEWS: Suspect arrested in hit-and-run crash that injured teen bicyclist
- Sale of Goshen's historic Third Street houses put on hold
- Mental health facility to utilize animals to help Middlebury students
- Elkhart County resident dies from EEE virus
- Quote on campaign flyer draws Goshen GOP ire
- Wanted person flees in Goshen, which leads to search
- New Goshen Starbucks to keep traditional lighting
- Community gets first look at new Nappanee Boys & Girls Club