A proposal endorsed by an Indiana House committee this week would repeal the state’s handgun permit requirement, allowing anyone age 18 or older to carry a handgun except for reasons such as having a felony conviction, facing a restraining order from a court or having a dangerous mental illness. Should Indiana’s handgun permit requirement be repealed with certain exceptions?
This Week's Circulars
LAGRANGE[mdash] Barbara Ann Miller, 88, LaGrange, died Sunday. Visitation after 1 p.m. Monday, and all day Tuesday, at Kevin Kurtz residence, 0505 N. 700 W., Shipshewana. Funeral services are 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at same residence. Miller-Stewart Funeral Home handling the arrangements.
MILFORD [mdash] Jerry Parker, 80, Milford, passed peacefully with his family by his side Saturday, Jan. 22. A memorial service will be held at a later date. Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury, is handling the arrangements.
- New Goshen pancake house open for business
- New Paris resident making run to become professional cornhole player
- POLICE NEWS: Local police make several arrests
- NFL: N.Y. Giants name Joe Schoen of Buffalo Bills as their new GM
- PREP FOOTBALL: Wogomon hired as new Goshen head coach
- Shenanigans at Goshen cemeteries lead to new rules
- POLICE AND RESCUE: Jan. 24, 2022
- It’s easy to spend a day in Nappanee
- Commission gives nod of approval to downtown rezoning
- PREP BOYS BASKETBALL: NorthWood finishes strong, knocks off Goshen