An Elkhart man was injured during an apparent carjacking in Goshen Sunday.
Glenn Leemon told Goshen police he was struck multiple times during a robbery, and his vehicle was stolen on Olive Street near Middlebury street. He made the report around 8:50 p.m., which a police spokesperson said was about a couple hours after the incident.
Leemon and the suspects were known to each other, police said.
Leemon had a laceration but refused medical treatment, a report shows.
The case is under investigation.
• Salvador Guzman, 42, 318 S. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop in the 300 block of West Wilden Avenue around 9:10 p.m. Sunday.
• Omar Khaoucha, 18, 58200 Hooley Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, around 1:15 p.m. Sunday. Police alleged Khaoucha took packs of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards valued at $51.74, a report shows. Khaoucha was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Joseph Munoz, 19, 206 York Drive, Middlebury, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic stop at North Main Street and Oakridge Avenue around 10:25 a.m. Sunday. Munoz was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Naomi Martin, Nappanee, reported to Elkhart County police an office window was broken during a burglary to a shop building on her property, 24070 C.R. 46, around 9:30 a.m. Sunday. The incident occurred after Martin reported seeing a suspicious person at her door.
• Lawrence Martin reported to Elkhart County police a Toyota Highlander was stolen from Salem Mennonite Church, 23984 C.R. 46, around 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Barry Blosser, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police tools, knives and a lunchbox were stolen during a burglary to the garage of a home, 57638 Hillside Drive, sometime between midnight and 7:45 a.m. Friday.
• Ivan Martin, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police about $100 in cash was stolen during a break-in to his harness shop, 25634 C.R. 38, sometime between 8:30 p.m. last Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday.
• Paige Miller, Elkhart, reported to Goshen police around 6:30 p.m. Sunday she lost her wallet and believes someone may have stolen it before she went back to a store to retrieve it.
• Mark Modglin, Middlebury, reported to Elkhart County police his pickup truck and a handgun inside it were stolen from his home, 53242 C.R. 43, sometime between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Saturday. Police later recovered the truck, but the gun wasn’t found, according to a report.
• Joshua Hill reported to Elkhart County police his 2016 Chevrolet 3500 was stolen from a home, 65420 C.R. 13, in Goshen around 10:50 a.m. Saturday.
Janelle Houser, Goshen, reported to Goshen police her vehicle was damaged in the 200 block of Queen Street around 5:05 a.m. Monday.
A motor scooter driven by Douglas Slabaugh, Goshen, rear-ended an SUV driven by Heidi Helblig, Ligonier, in the 2000 block of Lincolnway East around 11:50 a.m. Sunday, Goshen police said in a report.
Slabaugh was treated at the scene for a facial injury, the report shows. Helblig was not injured.
• Gladys Rosas, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a possible hit-and-run crash involving her car while it was parked in Goshen around 9:10 p.m. Sunday.
• Leonel Garcia reported to Elkhart County police an SUV struck a utility box at a home, 58097 Hidden Meadow Trail, in Goshen around 4:10 a.m. Saturday. The driver of the SUV then fled the scene.
• Aaron Smith, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police a truck struck his vehicle at C.R. 40 and C.R. 15 west of Goshen around 9:45 p.m. Friday. The driver of the truck left the scene after the collision.
Debora Cotton, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police a case of fraud that occurred sometime between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. last Thursday.