Two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash in Goshen Tuesday.
An SUV driven by Kayla Menczynski, Goshen, rear-ended a trailer being hauled by a pickup truck driven by Matthew Shorter, Elkhart, while Shorter was preparing to turn left from Kercher Road onto Century Drive around 11:45 a.m., according to a report by Goshen police.
Menczynski was apparently taken to Goshen Hospital to receive treatment for an injury, according to the report.
Shorter reported pain from the crash, but said he would seek treatment later, the report shows.
An Elkhart woman was injured in an all-terrain vehicle crash in Cass County, Michigan Tuesday.
Taylor McGrath lost control of the ATV she was driving, and it overturned and landed on her in the back yard of a home in the 20000 block of Osborn Street in Calvin Township around 7:10 p.m., Cass County police said in a news release.
McGrath was taken to Elkhart General Hospital to receive treatment for her injuries, police said.
• Kenneth Shafer, 56, 19056 C.R. 18, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart police and jailed on charges of resisting arrest causing injury, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license after he allegedly fled during an attempted traffic stop at Roys and Lusher avenues around 1:40 a.m. Monday.
Shafer led police to a parking lot at 2808 S. Main St., and then fled on foot. Officers caught up to Shafer, he resisted as they took him into custody, and one officer’s arm was injured in the process, Elkhart police said in a report.
• John Jones, 65, Ligonier, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of intimidation and disorderly conduct after police responded to a call about a patient threatening staff and making noise at Goshen Hospital, 200 High Park Ave., around 5:40 p.m. Tuesday. Jones was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
Elkhart County police, responding to an alarm, found evidence of a burglary at Stoutco in Bristol around 1:50 a.m. Wednesday.
The front office door of the business, 1 Stoutco Drive, was pried open, and a TV was stolen, police said in a report.
• Franklin Rigsby, Bristol, reported to Elkhart County police his 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle was stolen from a shed at his home, 522 N. Arbutus St., sometime between 5 p.m. Sunday and 2 p.m. Monday.
• Staff at United Trailers reported to Elkhart County police the theft of 10 tires, three aluminum ladders and a trailer from the business, 19985 C.R. 8, in Bristol early Sunday morning.
• James Heim reported to Elkhart County police a black equipment trailer was stolen from storage property across from 70485 C.R. 33 near Syracuse sometime between May 28 and Monday afternoon.
• Miranda Beverly, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Tuesday her son’s bicycle was stolen from Winchester Trails last weekend.
• Ederelys Parra reported to Elkhart County police her passport was stolen from Pleasant Oaks Nursery School, 13307 C.R. 16, in Middlebury Saturday morning.
Staff at Bashor Children’s Home reported to Elkhart County police a 14-year-old boy bit and spat on an employee at the facility, 62226 C.R. 15, around 2:30 p.m. Monday.
David Dekker, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police Monday a case of fraud that occurred sometime between May 29 and May 30.