Elkhart police are investigating the theft of a laptop from the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s Office.
The computer was taken from a car parked at the office’s lot, 301 S. Main St., Elkhart, sometime between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. May 22, according to a report made to Elkhart police Tuesday.
Police said the car belongs to a prosecutor’s office employee, while the office is listed as the owner of the laptop.
No suspects have been identified in the case so far.
• Zoar Fonrouge Latisnere, 25, 604 Colorado St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic stop in the 1000 block of West Lincoln Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Tuesday. Fonrouge Latisnere was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Jesse Schellinger, 30, 13320 LaSalle Ave., Mishawaka, was arrested by Goshen police around 8:55 a.m. Wednesday on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop in the 4500 block of Elkhart Road. Schellinger was released with a pending court date.
Staff at Liberty Lights Fireworks reported to Elkhart County police someone tried to break into the business, 57965 Ind. 19, Elkhart, by pushing in a window air conditioner and kicking on a rear door around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. No entry was made into the building, and no items were stolen, police said in a report.
Heather Long, Goshen, reported to Goshen police the burglary of a storage unit, 2908 W. Wilden Ave., by a possibly identified person. A report was taken.
A 28-year-old Goshen woman reported to Goshen police she was struck by a man who was attempting to shoplift alcohol from Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, around 5:56 p.m. Wednesday. The unidentified man fled the scene prior to police arrival. The woman reported pain and declined medical treatment.
• Staff at Indiana Paint & Collision reported to Goshen police a cellphone was stolen from the business, 416 N. Main St., sometime Tuesday afternoon. Police reviewed surveillance video at the shop and said a woman was seen taking the phone and leaving the business.
• Nicole Craig, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a flag was stolen from her front yard in the 1700 block of Woodward Place around 12:14 p.m. Wednesday.
Staff at Marathon reported to Goshen police a person tried to break a counterfeit $100 bill to get change at the gas station, 501 E. Madison St., around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday.
Staff at The Car Company reported to Goshen police fraudulent credit card activity involving a customer at the business, 1914 Lincolnway E., around 1:20 p.m. Tuesday.
• Goshen police were called around 10:32 a.m. Wednesday to the 100 block of Winchester Court, where a 38-year-old Goshen man told police he was the victim of battery in the presence of a minor. A report was taken.
• Goshen police were called around 6:44 p.m. Wednesday to the 400 block of North Main Street, where a 39-year-old Goshen woman told police she was the victim of battery by an identified person sometime in the early afternoon hours Tuesday. A report was taken.
LEAVING THE SCENE
A 35-year-old Goshen woman reported a hit-and-run crash in the 100 block Brookside Manor around 12:47 a.m. Thursday. The driver fled the scene without providing any information.