An Elkhart man charged with sexual battery in Goshen this week also faces child molesting charges in a separate case.
Samuel Richardson, 30, is charged with a Level 1 felony count of child molesting and a Level 4 felony count of child molesting in a case in Elkhart County Superior Court 3.
Richardson is accused of inappropriately touching a child near Horseshoe Court north of Goshen about four or five years ago. He allegedly touched the child inappropriately again last September, according to the probable cause affidavit in the case.
The molestation accusations were reported June 4, about a week another juvenile reported being touched inappropriately by Richardson at a house along Greene Road.
He’s charged with a Level 6 felony count sexual battery in that case. Both cases were filed Tuesday after Richardson was arrested by Goshen police June 7.
• Demarco Washington, 42, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on a charge of domestic battery after police responded to an incident at a home in the 2600 block of Alpine Fir Lane around 7:40 p.m. Tuesday.
• Maria Perez Cardona, 32, 204 S. Silverwood Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving without a license after police responded to a two-vehicle crash at Plymouth Avenue and 15th Street around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, police said in a report.
Perez Cardona was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court and was also cited for failing to yield the right of way at the intersection.
The driver of the other car, Stanley Miller, Goshen, was treated at the scene for neck pain, police said.
• Donald Winske, Middlebury, reported to Elkhart County police about $2,500 worth of jewelry was stolen from his home in the 53000 block of C.R. 39 sometime between May 15 and Tuesday.
• Staff at RC Trailers reported to Elkhart County police a fence was cut, and a golf cart and other items were stolen from the business, 51790 C.R. 39, in Middlebury sometime between 1 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. Monday.
• Staff at Walgreens reported to Goshen police a theft from the store, 429 W. Pike St., around 5:40 p.m. Tuesday.
• Staff at Walgreens reported to Goshen police the theft of merchandise from the store, 1755 Lincolnway East, around 2:20 p.m. Tuesday.
• Bradley Chupp, Goshen, reported to Goshen police his wallet was stolen from a home, 2414 W. Clinton St., around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Edward Bollero, Bristol, reported to Elkhart County police Tuesday an item valued at $100 was stolen from his property, 53096 Monterey Drive, sometime between May 15 and May 29.
• William Johnson, Elkhart, reported to Goshen police a license plate was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Chili’s, 4018 Elkhart Road, around 11:30 p.m. Monday.
• Brandy Ross, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a mobile phone was stolen from a house at 1821 Manor Haus Court, around 4 p.m. Monday.
• Kristi Wright, Nappanee, reported to Goshen police about $60 was stolen from her while she was at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, around 3:40 p.m. Monday.
• Staff at Dollar General reported to Goshen police the theft of property from the store, 207 Chicago Ave., around 2:15 p.m. Monday.
• Jose Juarez Montes, Goshen, reported to Goshen police the temporary license plate on his vehicle was missing Monday. Juarez Montes said he wasn’t sure whether the tag was taken, or whether it came off due to wind and rain.
• Matthew Swank, Middlebury, reported to Goshen police his vehicle was damaged while it was parked at Shanklin Park, 411 W. Plymouth Ave., around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday.
• Tanila Bryant, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a pellet from a BB gun was fired and broke the window of her apartment at 1806 West Plains Drive around 5:50 p.m. Tuesday.
Goshen police responded to a call about possible shots fired at 1905 W. Wilden Ave. around 5:40 p.m. Monday.
Two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash in Goshen Monday.
A pickup truck driven by Stephen Damron, 56, Goshen, collided with a pickup truck driven by Kristy Kauffman, 39, Goshen, at an intersection near the parking lot of Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, around 8:10 p.m., according to a report by Goshen police.
Damron and Kauffman did not report any injuries. But a passenger in Damron’s truck, Joshua Davis, 27, Goshen, was taken to Goshen Hospital to receive treatment for back pain, police said.
A 9-year-old boy in Kauffman’s truck, Jacob Nush, Goshen, was checked at the scene for shoulder and neck pain, the report shows.
A 17-year-old girl reported to Goshen police her car was struck by another vehicle while it was parked in the 100 block of South 15th Street around 8:30 a.m. Monday. The driver of the other vehicle left the scene without exchanging information.
Goshen police responded to Walmart where two girls were issued trespassing warnings from the store, 2304 Lincolnway East, around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Mackenzie Murphy, Goshen, reported to Goshen police her debit card information was stolen and used fraudulently Monday.
• Marc Troyer, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Monday his credit card was used fraudulently.
• Sharon Hennessy, Bristol, reported to Elkhart County police money was stolen from her following a phone call sometime between 3 and 8 p.m. Friday.
ABSENT WITHOUT LEAVE
• Tyler Vatter, 22, Nappanee, was deemed absent without leave Friday after staff at the Elkhart County Work Release center in Goshen reported to Elkhart County police he failed to return to custody last Thursday.
• Timothy Fish, 55, Elkhart, was deemed absent without leave Monday after staff at the Elkhart County Work Release center in Goshen reported to Elkhart County police he failed to return to custody on June 5.
Elkhart County police recovered a vehicle from a house at 66478 C.R. 43 Monday after the vehicle had been reported stolen in North Webster. Police in North Webster had asked the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office for assistance with the vehicle, according to a report.