A Goshen woman was injured in a confrontation-turned-hit-and-run incident in Goshen early Sunday morning.
Upset a car kept cutting off his motorcycle, Ryan Yaratch, Elkhart, wanted to have words with the driver of a car at Elkhart and Ferndale roads around 3:30 a.m., according to a report by Goshen police.
While the vehicles were stopped at a red light, Yaratch told police he and his passenger, Amy Maxson-Jones, parked the bike and walked up to the car to confront the driver at the intersection, the report shows. The person reacted by driving the vehicle forward, but then put it in reverse and backed into the motorcycle.
The driver accelerated again and this time struck Maxson-Jones, knocking her onto the hood and carrying her about 10 feet before she fell off. The car ran over her legs as it continued driving and fled the scene, the report shows.
Maxson-Jones was taken to Goshen Hospital to be treated for a possible broken leg. Yaratch was not injured, police said.
The car that struck Maxson-Jones was described as a gray Chrysler 200. A description of the driver was not in the report.
A Millersburg man was injured in a crash that spun his vehicle early Monday morning.
A Jeep driven by Keven Rockenbaugh was rear-ended by a car driven by Marvin Retcher, Fremont, at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 around 4:50 a.m., Elkhart County police said in a news release.
The crash caused Rockenbaugh’s Jeep to spin, and he was thrown from the vehicle, police said. Rockenbaugh was taken to Goshen Hospital with multiple injuries.
Retcher did not report any injuries.
• Adam Maxson-Jones, 27, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on a charge of domestic battery following an incident in the 500 block of South Silverwood Lane around 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Molly Sechrist, 28, homeless, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on charges of possession of a synthetic drug and possession of a hypodermic needle as well as on a warrant after police responded to a call at West Pike Street and North Riverside Boulevard around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Candy Correa, 24, 62391 Old C.R. 17, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop at U.S. 33 and C.R. 20 around 3:15 a.m. Sunday.
• Sean Hochstetler, 25, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on a charge of domestic battery following an incident at a home in the 57000 block of C.R. 117 around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Lucio Fronda Jacquez, 27, LaGrange County, was arrested by LaGrange County police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated after police said he fell asleep while driving and crashed his SUV along C.R. 500 East around 7:15 a.m. Saturday. Fronda Jacquez was treated at Parkview LaGrange Hospital and then jailed, police said in a report.
• Shawn Reed, 38, 100 Martin St., Ligonier, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license and driving without a license following a traffic stop at Benham and Lusher avenues in Elkhart around 3:15 a.m. Saturday.
• Nancy Savangvongsavanh, 35, 1919 Morton Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, driving while suspended and false informing following a traffic stop at Elmhurst Drive and Pine Ridge Parkway in Dunlap around midnight Saturday.
• Staff at McDonald’s reported to Elkhart County police the driver of a vehicle struck and damaged a light pole at the business, 21879 Ind. 120, in Bristol and then fled the scene around 11 a.m. Saturday.
• Ronald Davidhizar, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police a car struck his car while it was parked on Mississippi Avenue near Missouri Avenue in Goshen around 10 a.m. Friday. The driver of the other car left the scene without exchanging information.
Jose Ugarte Lucero, Goshen, reported to Goshen police several vehicles were damaged in the driveway of his home, 1610 West Ave., around 6:30 a.m. Saturday.
Kimberly Clark, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Sunday her computer and electronic devices have been hacked multiple times.
• Makayla Hammond, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a motorized bicycle was stolen from her home, 315 W. Oakridge Ave., around 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Julio Hernandez Lima, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police Friday the license plate from his utility trailer was stolen while parked at 62294 Old C.R. 17 sometime within the past six months.
Dwayne Johnson, LaGrange, was injured when the car he was driving collided with a car driven by Amanda Johnson, Fort Wayne, at C.R. 900 West and C.R. 750 South near Topeka around 4 p.m. Saturday, LaGrange County police said in a news release.
The crash caused Johnson’s car to leave the road and strike a utility pole.
He was taken to Parkview LaGrange Hospital to receive treatment for chest pain. Johnson did not report any injuries.
Candice Hernandez reported a case of fraud to Elkhart County police on June 11.
Fire damaged a detached garage at a home, 316 S. West Blvd., Elkhart around 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Elkhart firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 15 minutes, the department said in a release.
Nobody was injured, and the fire’s cause was undetermined due to a lack of available ignition sources, the release shows.