An Elkhart man is jailed after fleeing police and apparently ending up in a pond Monday.
Eric Watson, 31, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of resisting arrest as well as for outstanding warrants in three counties following a foot pursuit in the area of 165 W. Hackett Road around 4:55 p.m. Monday. In a report, police said Watson had refused to leave a pond prior to his arrest.
A male allegedly pointed a gun at another person, Goshen police learned after responding to a report of vandalism at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, around 4:05 p.m. Monday, according to a police report. An investigation is underway.
Sherrie Good-Lovely and Randy Good, both of Bristol, reported to Elkhart County police a person entered their house, 14773 C.R. 29, and was bitten in the chest by their dog around 4:20 p.m. Sunday.
Brandon Murphy, 37, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on a charge of theft after police responded to a call about a person stealing items from the donation bin at Goodwill, 1905 Lincolnway East, around 5:15 a.m. Monday.
• Erin Cormican, Goshen, reported to Goshen police her wallet was stolen from her house, 2932 Elkhart Road, around 5:15 a.m. Tuesday.
• Virlee Osborne, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a vehicle was possibly stolen around 4:35 p.m. Monday.
• Goshen police responded to a report about the possible theft of construction materials from 215 W. Madison St. around 4:15 p.m. Monday. Police could not determine whether the suspects were employees or not, a report shows.
• Tempa Bowers reported to police two suspects stole her wallet and credit cards at a house, 601 N. Fifth St. Goshen police received the report Monday through the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office, police said.
• Lynn Nafzinger, Goshen, reported to Goshen police the theft of a bicycle from a house, 313 E. Washington St., around 11:30 a.m. Monday.
Teresa Dehoff, Goshen, reported to Goshen police her vehicle was vandalized at McDonald’s, 2001 Lincolnway East, around 5:45 p.m. Monday.
A car driven by Karen Johnson, Walkerton, collided with a car driven by Melissa Armstrong, Elkhart, at C.R. 26 and C.R. 1 near Osceola as Johnson pulled out in front of Armstrong around 9:55 a.m. Tuesday, Elkhart County police said in a news release.
Armstrong was treated at the scene for arm pain, police said.
Johnson was cited by police for failing to yield to Armstrong.
Eryn Tumbleson, South Bend, reported to Goshen police an SUV struck her vehicle at 2737 Oakwood Drive, around 10:40 a.m. Monday. The driver of the SUV left the scene without exchanging information with Tumbleson.
Goshen police found a single-axle trailer in the 500 block of Wilden Avenue around 2:15 a.m. Tuesday. The situation is under investigation, a report shows.