A semi struck a house at 3715 E. Ind. 120 in LaGrange County at 3:38 a.m. Wednesday.
According to LaGrange County police, Rahkeem Thompson, 25, of Radcliffe, Iowa, was driving a 2005 Kenwood semi west on Ind. 120, when for an undetermined reason, the semi left the road. It continued off the road and crossed over C.R. 375 east before striking a tree, splitting the trailer in half. The truck continued its momentum, police said, and struck the south side of the home and a detached garage.
The residents were home at the time of the crash, police said. No one inside the home was injured, nor was the semi’s driver.
The crash remains under investigation.
• A 54-year-old woman on a bicycle struck a truck at Main and Pike streets in Goshen at 3:04 p.m. Tuesday. Goshen police reported that the woman disregarded a traffic signal and struck the truck. She was taken to Goshen Hospital for undetermined injuries.
• Billie Jo Miller, 41, 60578 C.R. 9, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 7 p.m. Tuesday at C.R. 15 and U.S. 33 on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a minor in the vehicle. Miller was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• A 15-year-old Goshen boy was arrested on a charge of being a runaway Monday. Goshen police reported that the 15-year-old boy was arrested at Goshen High School and was released back to his mother.
• Maria Martinez, 33, 517 Dewey Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at 6:16 p.m. Tuesday at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen. She was released on a written promise to appear in court.
• Jessica Mitchell, 34, homeless, was arrested by Goshen police at 1:58 a.m. Wednesday on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of a synthetic/look-a-like drug and resisting law enforcement. She was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Shawn P. Moran, 37, 700 Middlebury St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 1:13 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated-endangerment following a traffic stop at Elkhart and Peddler’s Village roads. Moran reportedly had a breath alcohol concentration of .146 percent and was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Anthony Soule, 44, Middlesboro, Ky., failed to return to lawful custody at the Elkhart County Work Release Center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 1 p.m. Saturday, according to Elkhart County deputies. He is considered absent without leave.
• Preston Alvarez, 27, Elkhart, reportedly failed to return to the Elkhart County Work Release Center at 9:04 a.m. Monday and is considered absent without leave, according to Elkhart County police.
• An employee of Crystal Valley Catering, 14329 U.S. 20, Middlebury, reported to Elkhart County deputies that fraud occurred between 8:14 a.m. Oct. 19 and 8:14 a.m. Monday.
• Shirley Hostetler, Middlebury, reported fraud to the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department. The fraud occurred between 5 p.m. Oct. 6 and 10 a.m. Oct. 25, police reported.
• Joshua Yoder reported to Elkhart County deputies that between 8 and 9 p.m. Sunday, someone vandalized his vehicle’s tires while the vehicle was parked in the 51000 block of C.R. 23, Bristol.
• Boutsady Phommachanh and Sompong Visetsouk, 22000 block of Spicewood Drive, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police their vehicles were vandalized between midnight and 2 a.m. Monday while the vehicles were parked in their driveway.
THEFTS AND BURGLARIES
• Donald Grise Jr. reported to Elkhart County police that someone stole a 40-inch TV from 19816 Ind. 120, Bristol, between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Roberto Cortez reported to Elkhart County police that someone entered his home in the 54000 block of Northwood Drive in Elkhart and stole several items at about 6 p.m. Monday.
• James Pratt, 54000 block of Northwood Drive, Elkhart, reported to Elkhart County police that someone forced open his garage service door and stole multiple power, air and hand tools between 6:15 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. Monday.
• Jason and Norman Mack, Middlebury, reported to Goshen police tools were stolen from a vehicle that was damaged while parked at 500 Mercer Ave., Goshen, at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Octavia Yankowsky, Goshen, reported to Goshen police her temporary license plate was stolen from her vehicle while it was in the 600 block of West Wilkinson Street in Goshen, at noon Sept. 30.
• A phone was stolen from Jessica Vanness, Goshen, while she was at 7/11 gas station, 2220 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 8:38 p.m. Tuesday.
• Shannon Young, Goshen, reported to Goshen police three bicycles and a gas grill were stolen from her backyard in the 100 block of South Seventh Street at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• A letter was received by the Elkhart County Jail staff at 4:50 p.m. Monday that contained 3 grams of methamphetamine. Elkhart County police reported that the meth was sent to an inmate.