A man was shot and killed in Elkhart Saturday night.
According to Elkhart police, at 7:29 p.m. officers were called to Walnut Street Apartments, 1823 Filbert Way, because of a fight in the parking lot.
As officers were en route, they learned gun fire had erupted. Officers arrived and found one man outside the back of the building dead from a gunshot wound. Officer then found a second man, who also had a gunshot wound. The second man was taken to Elkhart Hospital with what appeared to be non-life-threatening wounds, police said.
Police have identified the victim as Antonio Williams, 23, Elkhart.
The case remains under investigation.
Driver cited for texting and driving
A Millersburg man was injured in a single-vehicle crash near Millersburg Saturday morning.
Jose Garza, 19, was texting and driving when he lost control of his car and struck a tree along C.R. 43 near U.S. 6 around 8:15 a.m., Elkhart County police said in a news release.
Garza was airlifted to hospital in Fort Wayne to receive treatment for a broken leg, according to police.
He was also cited for texting while driving and driving with a suspended license.
• William Sanders, 28, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on a charge of public intoxication after police responded to a call that Sanders was trying to get inside a house, 217 N. Second St., around 3:20 a.m. Saturday.
• Joe Flores, 25, and Alicia Carrillo, 28, both of 142 Tulip Blvd., Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police and jailed each on a charge of domestic battery after police responded to a fight at their home around 11 p.m. Friday.
• Patrick Steele, 27, 815 S. 13th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop at Lincoln Avenue and Second Street around 10:20 p.m. Friday.
• Goshen police arrested a 16-year-old girl on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic stop at Middlebury and Sixth streets around 11 p.m. Friday. The girl was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Thomas Stalker, 27, 58920 Ind. 15, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic stop at Summit and Eighth streets around 1:50 p.m. Friday. Stalker was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Patdriana Moore, 24, 934 Portage Lane, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 4:49 p.m. Saturday on a charge of possession of marijuana. Moore was the front seat passenger in a vehicle stopped at C.R. 45 and Missouri Avenue. She was released on a written promise to appear in court.
• Larry Kocher, 31, 57124 C.R. 23, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:16 p.m. Saturday on charges of criminal recklessness and resisting law enforcement. Goshen police attempted to stop Kocher at Summit and Seventh streets, and a pursuit ensured into South Bend, police said. He was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• A 12-year-old child was arrested by Goshen police at 6:33 p.m. Saturday at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road.
• A 16-year-old boy was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of of operating a vehicle without ever having obtained a valid driver's license at 1:21 a.m. Sunday. The boy was stopped at Elkhart and Peddler's Village roads for an equipment violation. He was released into the custody of a relative.
• Robert Mora, 19, 745 Broadmore Estates, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 1:47 a.m. Sunday at Elkhart Road and Riverside Boulevard on a charge of possession of marijuana. He was released on a written promise to appear in court.
• Staff at Comfort Inn reported to Goshen police two employees committed a theft at the hotel, 2309 Lincolnway East, around 3:10 p.m. Friday.
• Nayo Alloa, Goshen, reported to Goshen police several paintings were stolen from the 100 block of South Main Street at 1:37 p.m. Saturday.
Staff at Conoco reported to Goshen police a counterfeit $50 bill was used at the gas station, 112 W. Pike St., last Thursday.
Two people were injured in a three-vehicle fender-bender in Goshen Friday.
A car driven by Wayne Mast, Goshen, was rear-ended by another car driven by Steven Miller, Shipshewana, at U.S. 33 and Keystone Drive around 11:50 a.m., Goshen police said in a report.
The crash pushed the car Mast was in into the rear of a vehicle driven by Matthew White, Elkhart.
Mast was treated at the scene for shoulder pain, while a passenger in his car, Betty Mast, Goshen, was treated for neck pain police said. Miller and White did not report any injuries.
• Adrian Aguilar Flores, Goshen, reported to Goshen police his car was damaged while parked in the driveway of his home, 1322 E. Douglas St., sometime during Friday’s early morning hours.
• John Morris, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone threw an object through the window of his home at 405 Maple Court at 10:42 a.m. Saturday.
• Abby Gallegos, Goshen reported to Goshen police that a vehicle parked at 510 E. Jefferson St., had its rear windshield broken at 8:16 p.m. Saturday.
Staff at Furnitureland reported to Goshen police Friday a case of fraud that occurred at the business, 2121 W. Wilden Ave., on Sept. 8.