A South Bend woman was injured in a two-vehicle crash in downtown Goshen Thursday.
Vickie Eitler drove into the intersection of West Washington Street and Ind. 15 when her van was struck by a tractor trailer driven by Brien Hansen, Columbia City, around 8:20 a.m., Goshen police said in a report.
Eitler was treated for an arm injury. Hansen refused treatment at the scene, according to the report.
• Dana and Lori Bontrager, Middlebury, reported to Elkhart County police Wednesday their golden retriever dog was stolen from a property, 59285 C.R. 33, June 15.
• Olivia Drotoz, Michigan, reported to Goshen police an iPhone was stolen from her vehicle while she was at 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., around 10:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Staff at The Window reported to Goshen police a theft from the organization, 223 N. Main St., around 12:20 p.m. Thursday.
• Elkhart County police arrested a 14-year-old girl on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic investigation on C.R. 27 near C.R. 24 around 6:15 p.m. Thursday. The girl was released to a parent with a citation to appear in juvenile court.
• Samuel Chupp, 18, Middlebury, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of illegal transport of alcohol by a minor following a traffic stop on U.S. 33 and Kercher Road in Goshen around 10:10 a.m. Wednesday. Chupp was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
A 2-month-old Elkhart child died after receiving treatment at Elkhart General Hospital, Elkhart police said in a news release Friday.
A family member found the infant unresponsive at a home in the 300 block of Middlebury Street and called 911 around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police arrived and performed CPR until medics arrived. The child was then taken to the hospital for treatment, police said.
No other details about the case were released by police.
• Robert Pedzinski, Bristol, reported to Elkhart County police a piece of wood was used to break a window at his home, 646 N. Wildflower St., around 8 a.m. Thursday.
• Christopher Workman, Goshen, reported to Goshen police the window of his car was broken while it was parked at 4024 Elkhart Road around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Staff at Walgreens reported to Goshen police a fraudulent prescription at the pharmacy, 429 W. Pike St., around 11 a.m. Thursday.
• Christian Rodriguez, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a case of fraud around 4:40 p.m. Thursday.
Thomas Thimalr reported to Elkhart County police Sunday about 40 records and an extension cord were stolen in the burglary of a storage unit at 53070 Ind. 13 sometime between May 23 and Sunday.
ABSENT WITHOUT LEAVE
Markell Rugg, 24, Elkhart, was deemed absent without leave after staff at the Elkhart County Work Release center in Goshen reported to Elkhart County police he failed to return to custody on Tuesday.