GOSHEN — Tickets are on sale for the second annual Running With Spoons cooking competition fundraiser benefiting Bashor Children’s Home in Goshen.
Local business leaders will compete by cooking up their favorite dishes for attendees to sample during the Sept. 7 event. Attendees will vote for their favorite dishes and chefs through donations to Bashor Children’s Home. The winner will receive the Bashor Golden Spoon Award.
“This is a great opportunity to enjoy delicious, homemade food graciously prepared by highly respected leaders in our community while helping Bashor serve children who come to us when they have nowhere else to go,” said Steve Riikonen, director of development at Bashor Children’s Home.
Jeff Rodino of Patrick Industries won the first Bashor Golden Spoon Award at the inaugural Running With Spoons fundraiser with more than $37,000 in votes. The 2016 event raised more than $250,000 for Bashor Children’s Home, the largest fundraiser in Bashor’s 95-year history.
This year, competing chefs include:
● Jeff Rank, Prime Time RV
● Ryan Juday, Crossroads RV
● Matt Eppers, E Industries, and Todd Nusbaum, Wire Design
● Kim Welch and Chris Croker, Welch Packaging
● Jason Lippert, Lippert Components
● Sean McCrindle, Bashor Children’s Home
● Abby Thomas, Loyal Friend of Bashor
● Don Gunden, Forest River RV
● Dr. Bill Flora, Greenleaf Dentistry, and Mike Wain, State Farm
● Sheila Terlep and Mike Terlep, Forest River RV
● Joe Kalil, Keystone RV
● Jay Mohamed, Cruiser RV/Heartland RV
● Erin Borkowski, Patrick Industries
● Micah & Naomi Staley, Grand Design RV
● Battalion Chief Scott Chris, Elkhart Fire Department
Doors will open at 5:45 p.m. and the event will begin at 6 p.m. inside the Crystal Ballroom at the Lerner Theatre.
Tickets are $50 per person or $80 per couple. There is no reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased at bashor.org.
All the proceeds from Running With Spoons, including donations given during voting, will go directly to helping the youth who are in The Children's Shelter at Bashor Children’s Home, a facility for homeless and runaway youth, as well as the new intensive treatment program for girls who have been victims of human trafficking.
The event is sponsored by NUWAY Construction, Heartland RV and Transindo USA.