Goshen firefighters were called to a Forest River RV laminating factory in the 2800 block of College Avenue at 8:37 p.m. Monday. According to the Elkhart County 911 center, some firefighters remain at the scene this morning. Fire Chief Dan Sink said the fire had a good start before his crews arrived and due to the plant containing chemicals, glues and polymers, the fire spread quickly. He said there were several large explosions as firefighters arrived. Sink said the fire was considered under control at 3 a.m. but there are still piles of Fiberglass that are burning.
This Week's Circulars
SHIPSHEWANA [mdash] Reneè Riemland Myers McBain, 67, Shipshewana, died at 8:30 a.m. Thursday, April 15, 2021, at her residence following an 11-year battle with cancer. The family will hold services at a later date. Online condolences may be offered at millerstewartfuneralhome.com.
MIDDLEBURY [mdash] Vernon J. Mullet, 83, of Middlebury, died Friday, April 16, 2021, at Goshen Health Hospital. The family will hold a graveside service at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 18, at Miller Cemetery, Goshen. Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury, is handling the arrangements.
- PREP ATHLETICS: Darlene Mathew retiring after 46 years at Westview
- JEFF BURBRINK: Pear trees escaping from the landscape
- PREP BOYS BASKETBALL: Hinen named new Fairfield head coach
- Health officer's goal is to get more Amish vaccinated in local counties
- POLICE NEWS: Crash claims woman's life in Kosciusko County
- Milford man arrested after chase from Goshen
- Longtime Nappanee EMS chief retires
- POLICE NEWS: Police make arrests
- PREP SOFTBALL: Ramirez sisters lead Goshen past Bethany Christian
- POLICE NEWS: Traffic stop leads to one arrest