GOSHEN — The trailer of a semitractor-trailer was struck by a train Friday afternoon in Goshen. The impact sent the trailer crashing into a Jeep that was waiting for the train to pass.
According to Goshen police, the crash took place at the Madison Street railroad crossing near South Ninth Street in Goshen at 2:37 p.m.
After the train struck the semitrailer, the trailer struck a Jeep waiting for the train at the crossing, police reported.
The driver of Jeep was transported to Goshen Hospital for evaluation, but extent of the injuries is unknown. No other injuries were reported.
The crossing warning lights were activated when the truck crossed over the tracks, police reported.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
SHIPSHEWANA [mdash] Reneè Riemland Myers McBain, 67, Shipshewana, died at 8:30 a.m. Thursday, April 15, 2021, at her residence following an 11-year battle with cancer. The family will hold services at a later date. Online condolences may be offered at millerstewartfuneralhome.com.
MIDDLEBURY [mdash] Vernon J. Mullet, 83, of Middlebury, died Friday, April 16, 2021, at Goshen Health Hospital. The family will hold a graveside service at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 18, at Miller Cemetery, Goshen. Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury, is handling the arrangements.
- PREP ATHLETICS: Darlene Mathew retiring after 46 years at Westview
- JEFF BURBRINK: Pear trees escaping from the landscape
- PREP BOYS BASKETBALL: Hinen named new Fairfield head coach
- Health officer's goal is to get more Amish vaccinated in local counties
- POLICE NEWS: Crash claims woman's life in Kosciusko County
- Milford man arrested after chase from Goshen
- Longtime Nappanee EMS chief retires
- POLICE NEWS: Police make arrests
- PREP SOFTBALL: Ramirez sisters lead Goshen past Bethany Christian
- POLICE NEWS: Traffic stop leads to one arrest