SOUTHERN INDIANA —Many people may not think of Tulsa, Okla., in the context of the United States' history of racial strife.
Kokomo Common Councilman Greg Jones, R-4th District, has announced his resignation after Facebook posts from 2015 were uncovered showing him calling Muslims “Goat-Humpers” and referring to Islam as “a Theocratic Moon Cult.”
While it might look like some sort of secret society emblem, it is actually a piece of Vigo County history. Trying to spark more discussion of the county's past, Commissioner Brendan Kearns is drawing attention to the county's original logo, even sporting it on several golf-style shirts he wears.
It’s not uncommon for symptoms of the flu, strep throat or common illnesses to come on suddenly — even in the middle of the school day. One minute a student may be fine and the next they may be symptomatic.
It's the darkest of places for the mind to go, but caring parents and guardians can no longer ignore the threat of their children being caught up in the web of human trafficking.
Family, friends and members of the Lebanon Anytime Fitness filled Backroads BBQ here on Wednesday night to watch General Manager Cathy Scott be featured in the CBS show “Undercover Boss.”
Nearly 100 years ago, the hallways of the Statehouse erupted with cheers, music and waltzing when the General Assembly voted to give Hoosier women the right to vote.
A decades-long debate over the role of gay and lesbian clergy in its ranks and the question of whether to sanction same-sex marriage appears destined to split the United Methodist Church into two distinct denominations.
Terre Haute City Councilman Todd Nation on Wednesday urged the Vigo County Capital Improvement Board "to do what you said you were going to do with respect to parking" for new convention center and hotel.
An overwhelming response to help Australian wildlife affected by recent wildfires prompted a local focus for crafters who gathered Wednesday at JoAnn Fabrics.
- Amish Acres auction drawing nationwide interest
- POLICE NEWS: Two drinking party busts net nearly 40 arrests in LaGrange County
- Goshen High School 2019 graduation rate highest in county
- POLICE NEWS: Suspect arrested in battery of Greencroft guard
- Driver reportedly damages police officer's home, vehicles in crash
- Art House's 'No More Kids in Cages' aims to raise awareness of immigrants' plight
- POLICE NEWS: Crash injures three drivers in Goshen
- POLICE NEWS: Multiple drivers charged with OWI since Saturday
- Women in murder cases now face June trial dates
- Big Brothers Big Sisters celebrates new location