SOUTH BEND — What a difference a few days can make.
Indiana State men's basketball coach Greg Lansing's contract runs out on March 31. His players and opponents made statements in his support after ISU's loss at the MVC Tournament.
Oscar Wilde wrote that “life imitates art far more than art imitates life.” But in the case of the 2021 NEA Big Read selection — “Station Eleven” by Emily St. John — art is imitating life, in a hauntingly familiar way.
A new light, sound and video projection, “Indiana’s Game: a Ball, a Basket and a Dream!”, is a powerful tribute to basketball that briefly tells the story of growing up with the game.
The whole thing started with a report circulating on conservative media that a Virginia public school district had banned students from reading books by famed children’s author Theodor Seuss Geisel.
KOKOMO — Teddi Creekmore, the nurse at Valparaiso High School, said many students and their parents go through their entire high school career without once talking to her or visiting her office.
It is hard to imagine an unhealthier addition to a university campus, in 2021, than a fraternity that "looks to Robert E. Lee for spiritual guidance."
For Indiana to break a four-game skid and take some positive momentum into the Big Ten Tournament, the Hoosiers are going to need to do what has been next to impossible for the last five years.
A change in strategy helped the United Way of Madison County surpass its fundraising goal for the first time in five years despite the challenges brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
This Week's Circulars
NEW PARIS [mdash] Delvin "Del" R. Slaubaugh, 77, visitation will be from 4-7 p.m. Tuesday at Clinton Frame Church, 63846 C.R. 35, Goshen. Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday also at the church. Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury.
LAGRANGE [mdash] Albert H. Schwartz, 83, visitation is scheduled after 1:00 p.m. on Sunday at the family's residence, 2025 W. 450 S. LaGrange. Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Monday also at the family's residence. Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury.
- Wawasee athletic director will return to work after conduct probe results in no charges
- Shipshewana gets nearly $1 million for Pumpkinvine extension
- POLICE NEWS: Woman charged in child seduction case
- Smokin’ Fatty’s offering BBQ with flair in Elkhart
- Wawasee's Alexander ready for Marines following prep wrestling career
- POLICE NEWS: After punching out a window, man arrested on child battery, neglect charges
- POLICE NEWS: Rape charges filed against three men
- POLICE NEWS: Man injured in attack
- POLICE NEWS: Several arrests reported from weekend
- Rural Syracuse man killed in hit-and-run