GOSHEN — The Elkhart County Landfill is looking to grow upward with the state’s permission.
SHIPSHEWANA — After being forced to close for two weeks due to ongoing COVID-19 mitigation violations, the Michiana Event Center in Shipshewana is now officially back open for business.
GOSHEN — Maple City Health Care Center opened its new dental program and facility Tuesday.
GOSHEN — The Community Foundation of Elkhart County has awarded $322,594 in a grant to Goshen College to support a new college-wide strategic initiative to strengthen engagement with and for Elkhart County throughout the next two years.
Other local briefs include:
- Morris 100 Committee established
- Local student named to dean's list at AU
The NorthWood girls basketball team has canceled its final week of regular season games due to COVID-19 precautions. However, the plan is for the Panthers to still compete in next week's sectional tournament at Wawasee.
GOSHEN — There’s a reason they say basketball games aren’t won in the first half.
MIDDLEBURY — After a tough loss to Mishawaka on Saturday night, the Northridge boys basketball team responded in a big way Tuesday, beating Goshen, 63-41, in a Northern Lakes Conference contest.
GOSHEN — Not even making SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays could get in the way of curfew.
The 2021 IHSAA girls basketball state tournament brackets were released Sunday night, and the blind draw worked both for and against the area teams.
President Joe Biden has proposed an immigration reform plan that in part would allow undocumented immigrants in the country as of Jan. 1, 2021, to follow a path to obtaining their green card in five years and citizenship in eight years. What do you think? Should such a plan be approved by Congress?
- Positive cases — 24,496, up 19
- Cases per 100,000 population — 11,871.6
- Deaths — 346, up 1
- Deaths per 100,000 population — 167.7
- Unique individuals tested — 95,220, up 96
- Total tests — 203,095, up 251
- 7-day positivity rate, all — 9.1%
- 7-day unique individual positivity rate — 15.4%
- Cumulative unique positivity rate — 25.7%
- Cumulative all — 14.3%
- 1st vaccine dose given — 11,876
- Fully vaccinated — 2,852
Listen to the latest Goshen News podcast.
Goshen Schools Superintendent Steve Hope and host Sheila Selman talk about how COVID has impacted students, plus the plans immediately following winter break and the hope a vaccine now provides.
Goshen News Now host Sheila Selman talks with Majs. Tim and Sally Sell about the needs of the Salvation Army, bell ringing and how people can help.
Destiny Rescue is a worldwide organization that works with governments in rescuing children from the sex trafficking industry around the world. Spokesperson Chris Russell happens to live in Goshen. He stopped by the studio to talk with host Sheila Selman about the organization, how they rescue children from sex trafficking and how COVID has affected their effort.
Listen to the latest Goshen News Sports podcast.
Goshen News Sports Editor Austin Hough is joined this week by new Goshen News sports reporter and podcast co-host Evan Lepak. Welcome, Evan! Along with getting to know Evan, the new duo talk about prep basketball and swimming.
Goshen News Sports Editor Austin Hough gives the latest on how local basketball, swim and wrestling teams are faring, along with an editorial take on Notre Dame football and how March Madness is coming to Indiana.
Sports Editor Austin Hough replays a few clips from his favorite interviews of 2020 in this week's podcast.
- POLICE NEWS: Woman, 38, arrested on drug charges
- Convicted murderer's prison death under investigation
- Surprise for 'Mr. Smiles': Tipton community buys new car for beloved delivery driver
- First mobile vaccination clinic Saturday
- POLICE NEWS: Woman flown to hospital after crash
- COLUMN: A coach, a chicken wing — and a program-building victory
- POLICE NEWS: Arrests made by local police
- PREP GIRLS BASKETBALL: Bethany's Stoltzfus makes ESPN Top 10; Bruins win historic game
- LOREN SHAUM: Steuben County's Orland is a delightful destination
- Dunlap deaths ruled murder-suicide