NAPPANEE — Marie Therisa Finnigan, 61, of 207 N. Main St., Nappanee, died at 10:44 a.m. Sunday at her residence, following a six-year courageous battle with cancer.She was born Oct. 15, 1952, in Vietnam to Tuan and Nguyen (Thi) Tran. Marie moved from Vietnam to Colorado Springs in 1972 for one year and then moved to the Nappanee area. She had also lived in Las Vegas from 1996 to 2009. Marie was a homemaker. She enjoyed making memories with her family, especially her grandchildren. She attended St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Goshen.Marie is survived by daughters, Mary (Karl) Borbi, Novi, Mich., Therisa (Rob) Seymour, Fishers, and Kelly (Ryan) Hattery; a son, John Finnigan, Eloy, Ariz.; 14 grandchildren, Chase, Ashley, Brayton, Kaylor, Reid, Ryan, Colin, Wesley, Isaiah, Chloe, Wyatt, Elayna, Abram and Cale; her former husband, Terry Finnigan, South Bend; a brother, Tho (Kim-Anh) Tran, Garden Grove, Calif; and a nephew, Phillip (Bee) Tran, Garden Grove, Calif. She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters, four brothers and a niece, Catherine Tran.Family and friends may call Tuesday from 2 to 8 p.m. at Thompson-Lengacher & Yoder Funeral Home, Nappanee. The Rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. There will also be one hour visitation prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Goshen on Wednesday. Father Tony Steinacker will officiate. Burial will be in Olive West Cemetery.Memorial contributions may be given to Kerry Finnigan Rupright Foundation, 707 Bainbridge Place, Goshen, IN 46526, www.kerry-kids.org.
Oct. 15, 1952-Nov. 3, 2013
- Donna M. Lambright LAGRANGE — Donna M. Lambright, 72, died peacefully Monday after a brave battle with cancer. She passed away at her home while surrounded by her family.Donna was born Aug. 9, 1941 in Buffalo, N.Y., to Harry and Hilda (Pollock) Weir. They preceded her
- John L. Weaver GOSHEN — John L. Weaver, 83, went “Home” to be with his Lord and Savior Sunday morning at his residence from failing health after having four strokes five years ago. He was born Dec. 24, 1930, the youngest of six children to John S. Weaver and Minnie
- Carolyn Marie Zehr GOSHEN — Carolyn Marie Zehr, 83, was born May 17, 1931, in Bloomington, Ill., the older of two daughters to Raymond and Fannie (Nafziger) Sommer. She died Sunday afternoon at her home. Carolyn graduated from Bellflower High School in 1949. She comple
- Stanley Dean Leedy GOSHEN — Stanley Dean Leedy, 90, passed away Tuesday at The Maples at Waterford Crossing. He was born in Goshen June 9, 1924, to Russell E. and Beulah N. (Juday) Leedy. On Dec. 21, 1946, he married Barbara Jean Pence, who survives. Also surviving are
- Dallas Ray Martin ELKHART — Dallas Ray Martin, 81, died at 3:09 p.m. June 30 at Courtyard Healthcare of Goshen. He was born Sept. 13, 1932 in Elkhart, to Floyd F. and Velma (Secor) Martin. He married Gloria J. (Breniser) Martin Dec. 16, 1951, in Goshen. Surviving are
- Wilbur H. Mowry TUCSON, Ariz. — Wilbur H. Mowry, 91, was born June 13, 1923, in Garret, Ind. and passed away peacefully at home July 22 in Tucson. He was preceded in death by his beautiful wife of 60 years, Florence, who died in 2006; a brother and three sisters. He
- John J. Fisher GOSHEN — John H. Fisher, 88, died Monday morning at his home at Waterford Crossing. Friends may call Friday from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. in the Gathering Room of College Mennonite Church, Goshen. A memorial service will begin at 3 p.m. Saturday at the
- James Leroy Watkins WARSAW — James Leroy “Jim” Watkins, 79, died Sunday at 11:15 p.m. at his home. He is survived by his wife Lois A. (Funderburg) Watkins, whom he married Oct. 6, 1956, in North Webster. Visitation will take place today from noon until the 2 p.m. funera
- Arrangements pending for July 30, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the July 30, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- James 'Jim' L. Barker GOSHEN — James “Jim” L. Barker, 79, passed away Saturday at his home. He was born Oct. 5, 1934 in Elkhart, to Lester L. and Mildred (Frost) Barker. On Feb. 15, 1958 in Elkhart, he married Mary Denise Bidelman. She survives along with three daughters,
- More Obituaries Headlines