NAPPANEE — Marie Therisa Finnigan, 61, of 207 N. Main St., Nappanee, died at 10:44 a.m. Sunday at her residence, following a six-year courageous battle with cancer.She was born Oct. 15, 1952, in Vietnam to Tuan and Nguyen (Thi) Tran. Marie moved from Vietnam to Colorado Springs in 1972 for one year and then moved to the Nappanee area. She had also lived in Las Vegas from 1996 to 2009. Marie was a homemaker. She enjoyed making memories with her family, especially her grandchildren. She attended St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Goshen.Marie is survived by daughters, Mary (Karl) Borbi, Novi, Mich., Therisa (Rob) Seymour, Fishers, and Kelly (Ryan) Hattery; a son, John Finnigan, Eloy, Ariz.; 14 grandchildren, Chase, Ashley, Brayton, Kaylor, Reid, Ryan, Colin, Wesley, Isaiah, Chloe, Wyatt, Elayna, Abram and Cale; her former husband, Terry Finnigan, South Bend; a brother, Tho (Kim-Anh) Tran, Garden Grove, Calif; and a nephew, Phillip (Bee) Tran, Garden Grove, Calif. She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters, four brothers and a niece, Catherine Tran.Family and friends may call Tuesday from 2 to 8 p.m. at Thompson-Lengacher & Yoder Funeral Home, Nappanee. The Rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. There will also be one hour visitation prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Goshen on Wednesday. Father Tony Steinacker will officiate. Burial will be in Olive West Cemetery.Memorial contributions may be given to Kerry Finnigan Rupright Foundation, 707 Bainbridge Place, Goshen, IN 46526, www.kerry-kids.org.
Oct. 15, 1952-Nov. 3, 2013
- Trebby W. Catron May 16, 1955-March 7, 2014
- Juan Carlos Gutierrez-Najera Jan. 17, 1988-March 5, 2014
- Richard H. Hoogenboom April 20, 1930-March 7, 2014
- Merritt Paul Culp Nov. 19, 1941-March 6, 2014
- Robert ‘Bob’ Max Bernthal Dec. 9, 1931-March 3, 2014
- Janet Lee (Flood) Toland March 25, 1947-March 6, 2014
- Mark R. Roose Jan. 16, 1960-March 7, 2014
- Arrangements pending for March 8, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the March 8, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Nancy Adams Gadson Aug. 30, 1947-March 5, 2014
- Sandra Kleckner July 16, 1941-March 4, 2014
- More Obituaries Headlines