NAPPANEE — Marie Therisa Finnigan, 61, of 207 N. Main St., Nappanee, died at 10:44 a.m. Sunday at her residence, following a six-year courageous battle with cancer.She was born Oct. 15, 1952, in Vietnam to Tuan and Nguyen (Thi) Tran. Marie moved from Vietnam to Colorado Springs in 1972 for one year and then moved to the Nappanee area. She had also lived in Las Vegas from 1996 to 2009. Marie was a homemaker. She enjoyed making memories with her family, especially her grandchildren. She attended St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Goshen.Marie is survived by daughters, Mary (Karl) Borbi, Novi, Mich., Therisa (Rob) Seymour, Fishers, and Kelly (Ryan) Hattery; a son, John Finnigan, Eloy, Ariz.; 14 grandchildren, Chase, Ashley, Brayton, Kaylor, Reid, Ryan, Colin, Wesley, Isaiah, Chloe, Wyatt, Elayna, Abram and Cale; her former husband, Terry Finnigan, South Bend; a brother, Tho (Kim-Anh) Tran, Garden Grove, Calif; and a nephew, Phillip (Bee) Tran, Garden Grove, Calif. She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters, four brothers and a niece, Catherine Tran.Family and friends may call Tuesday from 2 to 8 p.m. at Thompson-Lengacher & Yoder Funeral Home, Nappanee. The Rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. There will also be one hour visitation prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Goshen on Wednesday. Father Tony Steinacker will officiate. Burial will be in Olive West Cemetery.Memorial contributions may be given to Kerry Finnigan Rupright Foundation, 707 Bainbridge Place, Goshen, IN 46526, www.kerry-kids.org.
Oct. 15, 1952-Nov. 3, 2013
- Judie Eldridge GOSHEN — Judie Eldridge, 70, died unexpectedly of natural causes at her home Saturday. She married Thomas Eldridge in Goshen Oct. 7, 1961. He died Jan. 29, 1989. Surviving are her children, Laurie (Roger) Chupp, Murle Anne (Doug) Erschen, Tammy (Mark
- Verle E. Burke SHIPSHEWANA — Verle E. Burke, 81, died Friday at his residence. On June 3, 1955, in Canal Fulton, Ohio, he married Mary E. Church. She died Jan. 18, 2003. Surviving are a daughter, Mattie Pearl (Dan) Bowman, Creston, Ohio; and a son, Jim (Christina)
- Larry R. Dean FORT WAYNE — Larry R. Dean, 77, formerly of Goshen, passed away March 19 at his home. He is survived by his daughter, Debra (Jack) Doyle, and son, David (Tamara) Dean, both of Fort Wayne A service took place March 23 at D.O. McComb & Sons Covington K
- Charles W. Toth Sept. 8, 1919-April 17, 2014
- James ‘Jim’ Karl Greiner Oct. 31, 1926-April 14, 2014
- Beth Ann Mayhew Sept. 14, 1944-April 14, 2014
- Cheryl Ann Miller Jan. 15, 1969-April 12, 2014
- Arrangements pending for April 19, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the April 19, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Lawrence J. Migedt July 25, 1938-April 15, 2014
- Manasses S. Weirich Nov. 2, 1931-April 15, 2014
- More Obituaries Headlines