Feb. 28, 1928-April 8, 2013
GOSHEN — Theophil Muhling, 85, died at 12:42 p.m. Monday at IU Health Goshen Hospital, Goshen.
He was born on Feb. 28, 1928 in East Cleveland, Ohio, to Martin and Sophie (Roth) Muhling.
On May 4, 1957, he married Byrnece A. Simonton in Saline, Mich. She died Jan. 6, 2011.
On July 7, 2012, he married Joan Sutter, who survives. Survivors in addition to his wife are a daughter, Michelle (Juan) Centeno of Los Angeles, Calif.; a son, Daniel (Sandra) Muhling of Lake Barrington, Ill.; four grandchildren; three stepsons, Kenneth E. (Bev) Sutter of Clarksville, Mich., Robert (Carol) Sutter of Middlebury and James (Mary) Sutter of Clarksville, Mich.; eight stepgrandchildren; 11 step great-grandchildren; a sister, Gabriella (Donald) Forrester of Gainesville, Fla.; and a brother, Emmanuel Muhling of Gainesville, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his parents; stepmother, Mildred Muhling; and his first wife.
He had been a farmer and worked in metal fabrication as a tool and die machinist/engineer. He was a member of Roselawn Conservative Mennonite Church, Middlebury.
Visitation will be Monday from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. and one hour prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service Tuesday at Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church, Millersburg. Services will be conducted by Bishop Randall Riegsecker and Pastor Thad Lechlitner.
Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Millersburg.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to the World Missionary Press.
Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury, is assisting family with arrangements. Online condolences may be posted at millerstewartfuneralhome.com.
Feb. 28, 1928-April 8, 2013
- Shirley Walgamuth LEESBURG — Shirley Walgamuth, 72, died Wednesday at her home.She was married to Glen Martinson, who died in 1979.In 1989, she married Arden Walgamuth, who died in 2009.She is survived by her daughter, Tracy (Craig) Williams, Fort Wayne; two stepdaugh
- Elizabeth Mullet GOSHEN — Elizabeth Mullet, 94, died of natural causes at 4 a.m. Friday at her daughter’s residence. She was born April 20, 1920, in Nappanee, to John E. and Mattie (Stutzman) Helmuth. On Oct. 19, 1939, she married Felty J. Mullet in Kosciusko County.
- Allan L. Hanna LIGONIER — Allan L. Hanna, 75, died Thursday in Goshen. He married Joyce Stump in Boston, Mass., Sept. 2, 1960. She survives in Ligonier. Also surviving are his daughter, Debbie Hanna, Elkhart; and a son, Mark Hanna, Ligonier. A funeral service will
- Audrey M. Duncan LAGRANGE — Audrey M. Duncan, 98, died Wednesday at her residence. Mrs. Duncan was born May 11, 1916 in Dumbleton, Gloucester, England, to Edward and Alice Priscilla (Blanch) Hopkins. On Dec. 18, 1943, she married David Duncan in Gloucester, England.
- Dorothy Jean Kidder ELKHART — Dorothy Jean Kidder, 90, died Tuesday at Elkhart General Hospital. She married Eldon Seamands in April 1947 and Walter Hardison in June 1961. On March 8, 1982, she married Howard Kidder, who preceded her in death Oct. 14, 1996. She is survi
- Arrangements pending for July 26, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the July 26, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Cleo L. Brown NAPPANEE — Cleo L. Brown, 97, died at 7:24 a.m. Wednesday at her home.On Nov. 27, 1937, she was married to Quincy Brown Jr. He died in 1986.She is survived by her children, Jerry (Lynda) Brown, Mishawaka, and Kathy (Eldon) Mikel, Nappanee.Friends may
- Esther I. Cripe GOSHEN — Esther I. Cripe, 99, of Ind. 15 south, passed away peacefully in her sleep early Wednesday morning at Miller’s Merry Manor, Wakarusa. She was born Oct. 19, 1914 in Rockford, Ill., to Edgar and Hattie (Conklin) Hunt. On Oct. 25, 1941, she mar
- Jeffery Wegener LAGRANGE — Jeffery Wegener, 53, died Tuesday at home with his family by his side. He was born in Stoughton, Wis. June 17, 1961, to Junior Wegener and Donna (Williamson) Wegener. Jeff honorably served his country in the United States Army from 1980 to
- Ralph A. Lewis LIGONIER — Ralph E. Lewis, 70, died Wednesday at 7:28 p.m. at Parkview Noble Hospital in Kendallville. On June 7, 1964, he married Nancy Poindexter, who survives. He is also survived by his four children, Randle (Lisa Michelle) Lewis, Modoc, Robert (
- More Obituaries Headlines