Feb. 28, 1928-April 8, 2013
GOSHEN — Theophil Muhling, 85, died at 12:42 p.m. Monday at IU Health Goshen Hospital, Goshen.
He was born on Feb. 28, 1928 in East Cleveland, Ohio, to Martin and Sophie (Roth) Muhling.
On May 4, 1957, he married Byrnece A. Simonton in Saline, Mich. She died Jan. 6, 2011.
On July 7, 2012, he married Joan Sutter, who survives. Survivors in addition to his wife are a daughter, Michelle (Juan) Centeno of Los Angeles, Calif.; a son, Daniel (Sandra) Muhling of Lake Barrington, Ill.; four grandchildren; three stepsons, Kenneth E. (Bev) Sutter of Clarksville, Mich., Robert (Carol) Sutter of Middlebury and James (Mary) Sutter of Clarksville, Mich.; eight stepgrandchildren; 11 step great-grandchildren; a sister, Gabriella (Donald) Forrester of Gainesville, Fla.; and a brother, Emmanuel Muhling of Gainesville, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his parents; stepmother, Mildred Muhling; and his first wife.
He had been a farmer and worked in metal fabrication as a tool and die machinist/engineer. He was a member of Roselawn Conservative Mennonite Church, Middlebury.
Visitation will be Monday from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. and one hour prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service Tuesday at Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church, Millersburg. Services will be conducted by Bishop Randall Riegsecker and Pastor Thad Lechlitner.
Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Millersburg.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to the World Missionary Press.
Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury, is assisting family with arrangements. Online condolences may be posted at millerstewartfuneralhome.com.
Feb. 28, 1928-April 8, 2013
- Brian D. Randall ELKHART -- Brian D. Randall, 67, of Elkhart, passed Friday at Elkhart General Hospital, with his wife by his side. He was born June 6, 1946 to Paul H. and Dorothy K. (Riddagh) Randall in Paducah, Ky. Brian married Suzanne (Davison) on September 15, 1
- Lyle G. Lynch WAKARUSA -- Lyle G. Lynch, 81, formerly of Goshen, died Saturday afternoon at Miller's Merry Manor in Wakarusa. He was born Feb. 22, 1932 in Churubusco to Freda (Kern) and William Franklin Lynch. On Nov. 16, 1957 he married Charlotte Y. (Lawson) in K
Arrangements pending Robert F. Maust, 84, Goshen, dies at his daughter's home early Sunday morning. Funeral arrangements are pending at Yoder-Culp Funeral Home. Viola Baker, 87, Goshen, died Sunday late morning at Courtyard Healthcare. Funeral arrang
- Carolyn E. Swartzendruber GOSHEN -- Carolyn E. Swartzendruber 77, died Wednesday afternoon at Courtyard Healthcare after an extended illness. She was born in Dalton, Ohio to Phares D. and Magdalena (Miller) Martin. On Nov. 19, 1966 she married Sanford C. Swartzendruber in Rit
- Devon A. Weaver Nov. 12, 1939-Dec. 6, 2013
- Grant “Matt” Matthew Grover Aug. 8, 1954-Dec. 5, 2013
- Chris H. Yoder June 26, 1945-Dec. 5, 2013
- Nancy Armstrong Oct. 16, 1940-Dec. 2, 2013
- Charlotte F. Hettmansperger Shriner June 16, 1926-Dec. 5, 2013
- Gary Armstrong July 23, 1939-Nov. 22, 2013
- More Obituaries Headlines