June 15, 1947-Nov. 11, 2012
GOSHEN — Victor Reyes, 65, of Goshen, passed away at 8:40 p.m. Sunday at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center.
He was born on June 15, 1947 in Ebano, SLP, Mexico, to Pedro and Hipolita (Rivas) Reyes.
Victor is survived by his wife, Mary Lou Reyes of Goshen; four sons, Victor Reyes Jr., Rocky Reyes, Gaston Reyes and Paul Reyes, all of Goshen; two daughters, Lucy Reyes and Gloria Reyes, both of Goshen; six sisters, Victoria Reyes of Fresno, Texas, Joseph Vasquea of Falifuris, Texas, Conchita Reyes of Fresno, Texas, Anasiasa Reyes of Matamorris, Mexico, Lupita Reyes of Brownsville,Texas, and Juana Reyes of Houston, Texas; and one brother, Carlos (Toya) Reyes of Houston, Texas. Also surviving are a step granddaughter, Shanya Bauger; and four grandchildren, Lukas, Lorenzo, Andre and Marcos.
He was preceded in death by his parents and brothers, Pedro and Thomas Reyes.
Victor worked at Middlebury Duck Farm for six years and later worked at Homecrest for several years.
A viewing for Victor Reyes will take place Friday at St. John’s Catholic Church, 417 S. Main St., Goshen, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Prayers will begin at 12:30 p.m. Father Tony will officiate at the service.
Burial will be held at a later date.
Charitable donations may be given to the family. Elkhart Cremation Services is entrusted with arrangements.
June 15, 1947-Nov. 11, 2012
- John J. Fisher GOSHEN — John J. Fisher died suddenly Monday morning at his home at Waterford Crossing. He was 88 years old. He was born June 28, 1926 in Bloomsburg, Pa., to John J. Fisher Sr. and Alma Warye Fisher. His father was a faculty member at Bloomsburg Stat
- Patricia P. O'Reilly GOSHEN — Patricia P. O’Reilly, 87, died Tuesday at Greencroft Goshen Health Care. She was born Dec. 12, 1926 in London, England, to Ralph C. Pond and Mary C. (Ashton) Pond. She and her mother immigrated to the United States after the death of her fat
- Orpha S. Troyer GOSHEN — Orpha S. Troyer, 86, formerly of Middlebury, died at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Jan. 16, 1928 in Elkhart County, to Samuel and Lizzie (Yoder) Thomas. On Aug. 17, 1947, she married Lester C. Troyer in Elkhart County. He
- Lloyd Paul Frantz GOSHEN — Lloyd Paul Frantz, 89, died 11:15 a.m. Tuesday at Miller’s Merry Manor in Wakarusa. He was born May 17, 1925 in Lehighton, Pa., to Morgan and Mary S. (Stimmel) Frantz. He married Helen (Rohrer) Frantz Aug. 8, 1946, at the Bethel Missionary C
- Esther K. Hess GOSHEN — Esther K. Hess, 95, died Tuesday afternoon at IU Health Goshen Hospital. She was born Feb. 10, 1919, in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, to Titus L. and Priscilla (Shantz) Kolb. On March 1, 1943, she married Charles V. Hess in Goshen. He died Dec
- Georgianna Smith MIDDLEBURY — Georgianna Smith, 70, died Tuesday at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka. Viewing will be Friday from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at Carney-Frost Funeral Home in LaGrange, where a funeral service will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday. Bu
- Gladys Irene Hayner COLUMBIA CITY — Gladys Irene Hayner died Wednesday at Oak Pointe. She was married for 61 years to Lester D. “Bud” Hayner, who died in 2008. She is survived by two children, Charles (Eva) Hayner, Wolcottville, and Claire (Gary) Hicks, Columbia. There
- Walter R. Everest BRISTOL — Walter R. Everest, 78, died Tuesday at Elkhart Hospice House. In Dunlap May 20, 1978, he married Cheryl M. Thompson who died Nov. 28, 2009. He is survived by two sons, Basil E. Davis and Ryan J. Davis, both of Bristol; and a daughter, Jenni
- Arrangements pending for July 31, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the July 31, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Donna M. Lambright LAGRANGE — Donna M. Lambright, 72, died peacefully Monday after a brave battle with cancer. She passed away at her home while surrounded by her family.Donna was born Aug. 9, 1941 in Buffalo, N.Y., to Harry and Hilda (Pollock) Weir. They preceded her
- More Obituaries Headlines