June 15, 1947-Nov. 11, 2012
GOSHEN — Victor Reyes, 65, of Goshen, passed away at 8:40 p.m. Sunday at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center.
He was born on June 15, 1947 in Ebano, SLP, Mexico, to Pedro and Hipolita (Rivas) Reyes.
Victor is survived by his wife, Mary Lou Reyes of Goshen; four sons, Victor Reyes Jr., Rocky Reyes, Gaston Reyes and Paul Reyes, all of Goshen; two daughters, Lucy Reyes and Gloria Reyes, both of Goshen; six sisters, Victoria Reyes of Fresno, Texas, Joseph Vasquea of Falifuris, Texas, Conchita Reyes of Fresno, Texas, Anasiasa Reyes of Matamorris, Mexico, Lupita Reyes of Brownsville,Texas, and Juana Reyes of Houston, Texas; and one brother, Carlos (Toya) Reyes of Houston, Texas. Also surviving are a step granddaughter, Shanya Bauger; and four grandchildren, Lukas, Lorenzo, Andre and Marcos.
He was preceded in death by his parents and brothers, Pedro and Thomas Reyes.
Victor worked at Middlebury Duck Farm for six years and later worked at Homecrest for several years.
A viewing for Victor Reyes will take place Friday at St. John’s Catholic Church, 417 S. Main St., Goshen, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Prayers will begin at 12:30 p.m. Father Tony will officiate at the service.
Burial will be held at a later date.
Charitable donations may be given to the family. Elkhart Cremation Services is entrusted with arrangements.
June 15, 1947-Nov. 11, 2012
- David G. Butcher BRISTOL — David G. Butcher, 62, died 11:43 p.m. Monday at Memorial Hospital of South Bend. He was born Oct. 12, 1951 in Wayne County, Ill., to Ivan and Erma (Bailey) Butcher.He married Mary (Detwiler) Butcher April 6, 1979 in Elkhart.Surviving are hi
- Lawrence 'Larry' G. Shea ELKHART — Lawrence “Larry” G. Shea, 69, passed quietly in his sleep at his home, surrounded by his family, after a lengthy battle with cancer. Larry was born Aug. 18, 1945 in Philadelphia, Pa., to Lawrence George and Catherine Cassidy (Kane) Shea. In
- Mary Veronica Shank Lehman GOSHEN — Mary Veronica Shank Lehman, 93, died Thursday morning at Greencroft Goshen Health Care. She was born Jan. 4, 1921 in Orrville, Ohio, to Charles and Crissie (Yoder) Shank. On June 8, 1946, she married Ernest W. Lehman in Goshen. He died March
- Lula Belle Hartman GOSHEN — Lula Belle Hartman, 76, died at her home Wednesday morning. She was born in Goshen Aug. 18, 1938, to Allen and Marie (Stump) Lower. On June 9, 1956, she married Wayne Hartman Sr. in Goshen. He survives along with a daughter, Jeralyn (Robert)
- Daisy Mae Hollar ETNA GREEN — Daisy Mae Hollar, 90, formerly of Etna Green, died at 7:10 a.m. Thursday at Pilgrim Manor in Plymouth. She married LaVern Hollar Oct. 16, 1942, in Marshall County. He preceded her in death Jan. 18, 2011. She is survived by her sons, Gary
- David G. Butcher
- Kathy S. Packer ELKHART — Kathy S. Packer, 57, passed away early Monday morning at Elkhart General Hospital. Kathy was born April 29, 1957 in Goshen, to Robert K. Packer and Marian R. (Huitema) Hannah. She is survived by a brother, Steven R. (Denise) Packer of Colum
- David A. Schrock MIDDLEBURY — David A. Schrock, 93, died surrounded by his family at 10:59 p.m. Tuesday at The Maples at Waterford Crossing, after a brief stay. He had been in declining health. He was born Dec. 27, 1920 in Shipshewana, to Andrew and Anna (Yoder) Schr
- Marion M. Hooley GOSHEN — Marion M. Hooley, 87, died at 4:45 p.m. Tuesday at IU Health Goshen Hospital. He was born May 25, 1927 in Middlebury, to Menno and Dora (Mast) Hooley. On Aug. 16, 1957 in Conneaut Lake, Pa., he married Marjorie K. Birky, who survives. Also s
- William A. Odell EDWARDSBURG, Mich. — William A. Odell, 95, passed away Monday at his home. He was born March 17, 1919 in Elkhart County, Ind., to Mason and Dora (Kahler) Odell. On April 25, 1942, he married Helen M. DeWitt in Elkhart, Ind. She died in Elkhart Aug. 1
- More Obituaries Headlines