Kelly Howard, 63, passed away Saturday afternoon in Elkhart.
He was born March 24, 1949 in Elkhart, to John and MaryLouise (Kelly) Howard.
On July 12, 1969 in Elkhart, he married Sue Ellen Peffley. She died Oct. 10, 2011 in Elkhart. Surviving are two children, Michelle (Allen) Kirkendall and Chad (Sheila) Howard, both of Elkhart; four grandsons, Brenden Kirkendall, Hunter Kirkendall, Scott Wilson and Joshua Wilson; great-granddaughter, Maddilynn Wilson; and a brother, Jon (Ann) Howard of Bristol.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John and MaryLouise Howard; and sister, Cordilla Howard.
Kelly served in the United States Army at Fort Richardson in Anchorage, Alaska. He was a member of the Radio Control Flight Masters and in his spare time enjoyed fishing, flying RC airplanes, and drag racing.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Elkhart County Humane Society.
Elkhart Cremation Services is entrusted with arrangements.
March 24, 1949-Dec. 1, 2012
- Magdalene 'Maggie' Liechty GOSHEN — Magdalene “Maggie” Liechty, 83, passed away at her home Monday following a lengthy illness. She was born in Berne June 19, 1931, to Estella (Moser) and Marcus Lehman. She lived in Berne until August 2007 when she moved to Goshen. She was the
- Audrey M. Butt ENGLEWOOD, Fla. — Audrey M. Butt, 93, formerly of Syracuse, Ind., died July 2 in Florida. On Nov. 7, 1942 she married L. James Butt, who died in 1993. She is survived by her two children, Steve (Beverly) Butt, Rotonda West, Fla., and Toni (Michael) R
- Nancy J. Cripe CROMWELL — Nancy J. Cripe, 64, died Sunday at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. She is survived by her two sons, David (Amanda) Cripe, Nashville, Tenn., and Shawn Cripe, Columbia City. There will be a time of visitation from 11 a.m. unt
- Arrangements pending for Aug. 20, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the Aug. 20, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Sandra L. Patton July 29, 1941-Aug. 18, 2014
- Arrangements pending: Aug. 19, 2014 Marlin P. Kline , 92, formerly of Millersburg, died Sunday at 12:08 p.m. at his daughter’s residence in Riverside, Calif.; Miller-Stewart Funeral Home, Middlebury Wilbur L. Pennington , 78, Elkhart, died Monday at 8:30 a.m. at Golden Living Center in
- Russell O. Briggs Feb. 7, 1948-Aug. 4, 2014
- Marlene F. Gingo Oct. 18, 1934-Aug. 16, 2014
- Angela Sue Detwiler Rhinevault Jan. 22, 1976-Aug. 13, 2014
- RoseAnn Seymore ELKHART — RoseAnn Seymore, 70, passed away at 10 p.m. Friday at Greenleaf Health Campus, Elkhart, after a brief illness.RoseAnn was born on Dec. 7, 1943, in San Angelo, Texas, the daughter of the late Amos and Freda (Yoder) Whetstone.On Aug. 5, 1972,
- More Obituaries Headlines