MILLERSBURG — Charles E. Willard, 87, died Friday afternoon at his home.He was born July 20, 1926, in Goshen, to Harry and Hazel (Yocum) Willard.On July 20, 1947, he married Helen Irene Groff. She preceded him in death July 12, 1979.Surviving are two sons, Ronald L. (Lois) and Rick L. (Jean), both of Millersburg; three grandsons, Brian, Eugene and Matthew; a stepgrandson, Michael Berger; three great-grandchildren, Brady, Bryce and Bailey Grace; and five stepgreat-grandchildren, Kaleb and Kenadi Berger and Micah, Jeremy and Joshua Daniels. He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; and two brothers, Robert and James.Mr. Willard was a lifelong area resident, growing up in Benton, and was a member at Zion Community Church, Millersburg. He served in the United States Army during World War II in Europe. He worked as a welder for Adams Westlake, and as a custodian for Fairfield High School before he retired.Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and one hour prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service Wednesday at Yoder-Culp Funeral Home, Goshen. The Rev. Chris Howell of Zion Community Church will officiate. Burial with military honors will follow at Brown Cemetery, Millersburg.Memorial contributions may be directed to the Zion Community Church or United Cancer Services of Elkhart County.Online condolences may be sent to www.yoderculpfuneralhome.com.
July 20, 1926-Nov. 1, 2013
- Jeffrey Mark Yoder BRISTOL — Jeffrey Mark Yoder, 60, died at 6:45 p.m. Thursday at Hubbard Hill Estates. On Nov. 4, 1984 he married Ronda L. Smith. She survives along with two children, Roman J. Yoder, and Jori R. Yoder both of Bristol; and his mother, Joyce E. Yoder o
- Karen Ann Leigh SYRACUSE — Karen Ann Leigh, 55, died at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at her home. She is survived by her daughter, Kristina (Dan) White, North Webster; and her mother, Jane Leigh, Leesburg. Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Owen Family Funeral Home
- Arrangements pending for Aug. 2, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the Aug. 2, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Earnest Clark ELKHART — Earnest Clark, 75, died July 19 at Kindred Nursing Home in Elkhart. He is survived by his wife, Martha Clark, Memphis, Tenn.; son, Desmond Clark, Millington, Tenn. and three others sons in California; and stepdaughters, Cordella Hayes-Hurdl
- Milan 'Mile' Vukosavljevic ELKHART — Milan “Mile” Vukosavljevic, 92, passed away peacefully Saturday evening in his home surrounded by family. Milan was born Sept. 8, 1921 in Drljace, Yugoslavia, to Dusan and Ana (Saponja) Vukosavljevic. He married Renate Simmat of Solingen, G
- Ruth E. Kalb PAINESVILLE, Ohio — Ruth E. Kalb, 97, formerly of Bucyrus, passed away Wednesday at Altercare of Mentor. Born July 3, 1917 in Akron, Ohio, she was the first of four children born to Esta and Albert Taylor. She was married to Marvin Kalb in 1941. In h
- Robert Ellsworth Goss ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. — Robert E. Goss, 71, died July 24 at his home in St. Augustine. He succumbed to chronic respiratory illness. He was born Nov. 8, 1942, in Goshen, Ind., to Ellsworth C. and Myrtle (Summer) Goss. His wife, Chris Klein-Goss, survive
- Arlene D. Scheidler ELKHART — Arlene D. Scheidler, 95, died Wednesday at Eastlake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. She married Albert H. Glenn in 1938; he died in 1960. In 1965, she married Earl Scheidler, who died in 1979. She is survived by a daughter, Sueann (Richa
- Mary Alice Miller SILVERTON, Ore. — Mary Alice Miller, born Aug. 9, 1950, near Topeka, LaGrange County, Ind., departed this life following a short illness Tuesday at her home near Silverton. Mary was baptized in her youth upon confession of her faith in Jesus Christ a
- Gene R. Lowther ELKHART — Gene R. Lowther, 75, died Tuesday at Golden Living Center. He married Mary M. Flynn March 27, 1970, in Elkhart. She survives with two sons, Michael (Pam) Estes and James Estes, both of Elkhart; and two daughters, Donna Estes of Elkhart and
- More Obituaries Headlines