MILLERSBURG — Charles E. Willard, 87, died Friday afternoon at his home.He was born July 20, 1926, in Goshen, to Harry and Hazel (Yocum) Willard.On July 20, 1947, he married Helen Irene Groff. She preceded him in death July 12, 1979.Surviving are two sons, Ronald L. (Lois) and Rick L. (Jean), both of Millersburg; three grandsons, Brian, Eugene and Matthew; a stepgrandson, Michael Berger; three great-grandchildren, Brady, Bryce and Bailey Grace; and five stepgreat-grandchildren, Kaleb and Kenadi Berger and Micah, Jeremy and Joshua Daniels. He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; and two brothers, Robert and James.Mr. Willard was a lifelong area resident, growing up in Benton, and was a member at Zion Community Church, Millersburg. He served in the United States Army during World War II in Europe. He worked as a welder for Adams Westlake, and as a custodian for Fairfield High School before he retired.Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and one hour prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service Wednesday at Yoder-Culp Funeral Home, Goshen. The Rev. Chris Howell of Zion Community Church will officiate. Burial with military honors will follow at Brown Cemetery, Millersburg.Memorial contributions may be directed to the Zion Community Church or United Cancer Services of Elkhart County.Online condolences may be sent to www.yoderculpfuneralhome.com.
July 20, 1926-Nov. 1, 2013
- Nancy Adams Gadson Aug. 30, 1947-March 5, 2014
- Sandra Kleckner July 16, 1941-March 4, 2014
- Juan Carlos Gutierrez-Najera Jan. 17, 1988-March 5, 2014
- Caudie L. Mullen March 29, 1921-March 4, 2014
- Charles E. Bryan May 31, 1936-March 4, 2014
- Arrangements pending for March 7, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the March 7, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Edward D. LeCount Jan 22, 1950-March 4, 2014
- Todd Gemmill Nov. 1, 1962-March 5, 2014
- Arrangements pending for March 6, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the March 6, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Mary Elizabeth ‘Beth’ Hostetler July 20, 1925-Jan. 31, 2014
- More Obituaries Headlines