MILLERSBURG — Charles E. Willard, 87, died Friday afternoon at his home.He was born July 20, 1926, in Goshen, to Harry and Hazel (Yocum) Willard.On July 20, 1947, he married Helen Irene Groff. She preceded him in death July 12, 1979.Surviving are two sons, Ronald L. (Lois) and Rick L. (Jean), both of Millersburg; three grandsons, Brian, Eugene and Matthew; a stepgrandson, Michael Berger; three great-grandchildren, Brady, Bryce and Bailey Grace; and five stepgreat-grandchildren, Kaleb and Kenadi Berger and Micah, Jeremy and Joshua Daniels. He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; and two brothers, Robert and James.Mr. Willard was a lifelong area resident, growing up in Benton, and was a member at Zion Community Church, Millersburg. He served in the United States Army during World War II in Europe. He worked as a welder for Adams Westlake, and as a custodian for Fairfield High School before he retired.Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and one hour prior to the 10 a.m. funeral service Wednesday at Yoder-Culp Funeral Home, Goshen. The Rev. Chris Howell of Zion Community Church will officiate. Burial with military honors will follow at Brown Cemetery, Millersburg.Memorial contributions may be directed to the Zion Community Church or United Cancer Services of Elkhart County.Online condolences may be sent to www.yoderculpfuneralhome.com.
July 20, 1926-Nov. 1, 2013
- Elizabeth ‘Betty’ Hochstetler Feb. 14, 1920-April 23, 2014
- Kathryn A. Yoder June 7, 1963-April 22, 2014
- Edwin William Miller April 23, 1942-April 22, 2014
- Eldon W. Rhodes Aug. 6, 1917-April 22, 2014
- Doral E. ‘Zeke’ Haab Oct. 14, 1943-April 23, 2014
- Arrangements pending for April 24, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the April 24, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Jose Luis Diaz Dec. 17, 1938-April 21, 2014
- Janet M. Gray Sept. 9, 1943-April 21, 2014
- Lisa Nisley May 1, 1965-April 8, 2014
- Dale E. Greensides Jr. April 7, 1982-April 21, 2014
- More Obituaries Headlines