PAID OBIT 1106
Ronald D. Yoder, 72, died Saturday afternoon at Courtyard Healthcare where he had been the last two weeks following a stroke.
He was born in Middlebury April 25, 1941, to Leonard and Cleo (Pletcher) Yoder.
He married Connie J. Brallier Nov. 19, 1969 in Las Vegas.
She survives along with two daughters, Victoria B. (Kelly) Newman, Goshen, and Vanessa S. Yoder, Spokane, Wash.; a son, Damian F. (Angela) Yoder, Elkhart; seven grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and three brothers, Leon (L.C.), Texas, Levon (Anita), Goshen, and Kenyon (Sue) Yoder, Elkhart.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Marvin; and an infant sister, Frieda.
A 1959 graduate of Jefferson High School, he served with PAX in Austria building homes for refugees in the early 1960s. He then worked as an engineer at WKAM before serving in the Merchant Marines for 12 years until his retirement.
A 2 p.m. graveside service will be conducted Thursday at Gracelawn Cemetery, Middlebury. The Rev. T.J. Meehan of New Life Church, Goshen, will officiate.
Memorial contributions may be given to Faith Mission, Elkhart.
Yoder-Culp Funeral Home, Goshen, is assisting with arrangements.
Online condolences may be shared at www.yoderculpfuneralhome.com.
April 25, 1941-Nov. 2, 2013
PAID OBIT 1106
- Trebby W. Catron May 16, 1955-March 7, 2014
- Juan Carlos Gutierrez-Najera Jan. 17, 1988-March 5, 2014
- Richard H. Hoogenboom April 20, 1930-March 7, 2014
- Merritt Paul Culp Nov. 19, 1941-March 6, 2014
- Robert ‘Bob’ Max Bernthal Dec. 9, 1931-March 3, 2014
- Janet Lee (Flood) Toland March 25, 1947-March 6, 2014
- Mark R. Roose Jan. 16, 1960-March 7, 2014
- Arrangements pending for March 8, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the March 8, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Nancy Adams Gadson Aug. 30, 1947-March 5, 2014
- Sandra Kleckner July 16, 1941-March 4, 2014
- More Obituaries Headlines