GOSHEN — Ruth L. Lambright, 88, Goshen, and formerly of LaGrange, died Saturday at Greencroft Healthcare in Goshen. Mrs. Lambright was born on December 29, 1923 in LaGrange County to J. Elmer and Rosa (Yoder) Miller. They preceded her in death. Living most of her life in LaGrange County, she was a homemaker, kitchen supervisor at the LaGrange County Hospital, and a cook at Rainbow Years Learning Center in Shipshewana. She was a member of Shore Mennonite Church in Shipshewana. She was involved with OMS International taking mission trips to Russia and other foreign countries. On July 12, 1947 in LaGrange County, she married Harold Lambright. He preceded her in death Jan. 11, 2004. Surviving are three daughters and two sons-in-law, Birdena and Louis Bollenbacher, Nappanee, Karen Kotleba, Sarasota, Fla., and Marcile and Lewis Lindsey, Bourbon, Ind.; three sons and two daughters-in-law, Karl and Patricia Lambright, Avilla, Ind., Glendon Lambright of Ft. Wayne, Marlin Lambright, Middlebury, and Mary Lambright, LaGrange; 22 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; four sisters, Helen Neff, LaGrange, Rosalie Yoder, Topeka, Marilyn Burkey, Hebron, Ind., and Carolyn Dillon, Ligonier; and two brothers, Dwight Miller, Goshen, and DeWayne Miller, Johnson City, Tenn. She was also preceded in death by three sons, Dennis, Merrit, and Weldon Lambright; two grandsons, Sheldon Lambright and Jay Wise; and one great-grandchild. Funeral services will be on Tuesday at 2 p.m. at Shore Mennonite Church, 7235 W – 100 N, Shipshewana, with Rev. Carl Horner officiating. Burial will follow in Shore Cemetery, Shipshewana. Visitation will be Monday from 3 to 8 p.m. at the church. Memorials may be given to Rainbow Years Learning Center. Frurip-May Funeral Home in LaGrange is handling the arrangements. Condolences may be left for the family at www.fruripmayfuneralhome.com.
Dec. 29, 1923-Nov. 17, 2012
- Mildred 'Millie' J. Anderson WARSAW — Mildred “Millie” J. Anderson, 84, formerly of Goshen, died at her home Saturday afternoon. She had been in failing health for several months. She was born Nov. 25, 1929 in North Judson to Joseph and Anna (Hulka) Svatos. On Feb. 15, 1948 she
- Joseph S. Gilkey BRISTOL — Joseph S. Gilkey, 88, died July 14 at his home in Fort Myers, Florida. He married Louise Fallow on Dec. 12, 1948, who preceded him in death in 1994. He then married Betty Roberts on Dec. 3, 1994. Roberts survives, along with two sons, Micha
- Shirley Walgamuth LEESBURG — Shirley Walgamuth, 72, died Wednesday at her home.She was married to Glen Martinson, who died in 1979.In 1989, she married Arden Walgamuth, who died in 2009.She is survived by her daughter, Tracy (Craig) Williams, Fort Wayne; two stepdaugh
- Elizabeth Mullet GOSHEN — Elizabeth Mullet, 94, died of natural causes at 4 a.m. Friday at her daughter’s residence. She was born April 20, 1920, in Nappanee, to John E. and Mattie (Stutzman) Helmuth. On Oct. 19, 1939, she married Felty J. Mullet in Kosciusko County.
- Allan L. Hanna LIGONIER — Allan L. Hanna, 75, died Thursday in Goshen. He married Joyce Stump in Boston, Mass., Sept. 2, 1960. She survives in Ligonier. Also surviving are his daughter, Debbie Hanna, Elkhart; and a son, Mark Hanna, Ligonier. A funeral service will
- Audrey M. Duncan LAGRANGE — Audrey M. Duncan, 98, died Wednesday at her residence. Mrs. Duncan was born May 11, 1916 in Dumbleton, Gloucester, England, to Edward and Alice Priscilla (Blanch) Hopkins. On Dec. 18, 1943, she married David Duncan in Gloucester, England.
- Dorothy Jean Kidder ELKHART — Dorothy Jean Kidder, 90, died Tuesday at Elkhart General Hospital. She married Eldon Seamands in April 1947 and Walter Hardison in June 1961. On March 8, 1982, she married Howard Kidder, who preceded her in death Oct. 14, 1996. She is survi
- Arrangements pending for July 26, 2014 These arrangements and services appeared in the July 26, 2014 edition of The Goshen News.
- Cleo L. Brown NAPPANEE — Cleo L. Brown, 97, died at 7:24 a.m. Wednesday at her home.On Nov. 27, 1937, she was married to Quincy Brown Jr. He died in 1986.She is survived by her children, Jerry (Lynda) Brown, Mishawaka, and Kathy (Eldon) Mikel, Nappanee.Friends may
- Esther I. Cripe GOSHEN — Esther I. Cripe, 99, of Ind. 15 south, passed away peacefully in her sleep early Wednesday morning at Miller’s Merry Manor, Wakarusa. She was born Oct. 19, 1914 in Rockford, Ill., to Edgar and Hattie (Conklin) Hunt. On Oct. 25, 1941, she mar
- More Obituaries Headlines