- FCC chief supports repeal of NFL TV blackout rules BUFFALO, N.Y. — The commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission says it's time to repeal NFL television blackout rules. Ajit Pai says the FCC needs to "be on the side of sports fans" regarding league rules that prevent games that are not s
- Seattle Mariners recall OF James Jones SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle Mariners opted to add a position player, calling up outfielder James Jones from Triple-A Tacoma. Seattle made the move Monday before opening a three-game series against Toronto. Seattle had an open roster spot after pitche
- Colts have safety plan to fill hole in secondary ANDERSON, Ind. — Delano Howell is trying to prove he's an NFL starting safety. Mike Adams came to Indianapolis to compete with Howell, the presumed front-runner. Throw special teams ace Sergio Brown and NFL veteran Colt Anderson into the training ca
- Titans change receiver's name to JAG for practice NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt and receivers coach Shawn Jefferson tried to send a message to receiver Justin Hunter on Monday. Instead of his name, the receiver found "J A G" on the back of his practice jersey, for "Just Another Guy
- GOLF: McIlroy wins PGA in thrilling show on soggy turf LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The challenge finally arrived for Rory McIlroy, and he was better than ever to win the PGA Championship.
- NCAA President: O'Bannon ruling will be appealed Mark Emmert said Sunday that the NCAA will appeal a ruling that opens the door for college athletes to receive some of the money they help generate in major sports.
- H.S. FOOTBALL: Reinhard, Cook set to lead Wawasee Warriors SYRACUSE — One thing Wawasee High School football coach Josh Ekovich has learned in his two years at the school it’s what the keys to the offense are.
Debate over Redskins name more intense than ever
WASHINGTON — Mark Moseley has been associated with the Washington Redskins for some four decades as a league MVP kicker, member of a Super Bowl-winning team and general ambassador in his work with the franchise's alumni association. He's seen the debate over the team's nickname come and go since the 1970s, usually as a flash-in-the-pan topic that disappears after a day or so.
- NASCAR: Tony Stewart won't race at Watkins Glen WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. — Tony Stewart says "there aren't words" to describe his sadness over the accident that killed Kevin Ward Jr.
- NBA: LeBron says he'll stay with Cavs beyond contract AKRON, Ohio — LeBron James is home and he's not leaving again.
- More Sports Headlines