- Woods withdraws from U.S. Ryder Cup consideration Tiger Woods removed himself from consideration for the Ryder Cup team Wednesday evening with a clear message that he is not healthy enough to play. One day after U.S. captain Tom Watson said he trusted Woods to give him the "straight skinny" on the c
Kelly names Everett Golson Notre Dame's starter at QB
In the face of all the struggle, all the sound bytes, all the setbacks, Everett Golson never changed his mindset: He prepared to be the starting quarterback.
- Jimtown football returns 3 key starters from playoff run ELKHART — Returning three starters in the backfield from a team that advanced to a regional finale a year ago is certainly a good starting point for the Jimtown High School football team heading into the 2014 season.
- NorthWood alum Andrews returns to lead Panthers NAPPANEE — Blending could be a good word to describe the process the NorthWood High School football team is going through in order to get ready for the 2014 season.
- Former ND QB Brady Quinn signs with Dolphins DAVIE, Fla. — For Brady Quinn, this was a long time coming. On the eve of the 2007 NFL draft, Quinn said he was told by "a very, very good source" that he would be taken by the Miami Dolphins — who then, somewhat famously, passed on him and chose Ted
- Manning having fun in training camp ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Peyton Manning seems to be having a lot more fun this summer. He's still grinding through training camp like always but he's also showing a loosey-goosey side that he rarely flashed in Indy or in his first two seasons in Denver. On
College sports upended by NCAA vote, judge's ruling
Big-name conferences have leave to write their own rules, and a federal judge is forcing colleges to share television and marketing royalties with players. The guise of amateurism is gone from college athletics. What's next is anyone's guess.
- Criminal charge possible for Stewart in Ward death Tony Stewart could still face criminal charges for running down Kevin Ward Jr. with his sprint car, even if the three-time NASCAR champion didn't mean to kill Ward, hurt him or even scare him. Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero, who announced Tuesd
- PGA brought excitement to majors LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Great golf can lead to short memories. The PGA Championship provided the kind of theater anyone could expect from a major. Big shots. Tiny mistakes. High stakes on every swing. Not even the confusion on the 18th hole, when the only
- SEC network to debut Thursday The Southeastern Conference's new network debuts Thursday, promising more than 1,000 live events this year and a reach that includes most major television providers in the South. The network will be welcomed by millions of fans of who can't get enoug
- More Sports Headlines