- Nibali now strong favorite to win Tour de France BESANCON, France — With defending champion Chris Froome and two-time winner Alberto Contador out of the race, the path is wide open for Vincenzo Nibali to become the first Italian to win the Tour de France since the late Marco Pantani in 1998. The French have waited even longer for a champion — the last was Bernard Hinault way back in 1985 — but with three riders in the top six places, hopes are growing of at least a first podium place since climber Richard Virenque finished second in 1997.
- With hitting down, should MLB lower the mound? MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Baseball has a problem: Clayton Kershaw, Aroldis Chapman, Felix Hernandez and all the other kings of the hill are just too good. Ruling with an assortment of big-bending curveballs, sharp sliders and 100 mph heat, a new generation of pitchers has thrown major league hitters into a huge slump.
- AP Source: Heat, Wade agree to 2-year deal Dwyane Wade is staying with the Heat, and his latest deal is designed to give both the player and the only franchise he's ever known some flexibility in the coming years.
- Goshen Junior All-Stars win district championship GOSHEN – They started to put just one index finger in the air. But then a correction came. “Not one, put four up!” one of the players said.
James bears the weight of Cleveland's championship dreams
Can LeBron James change Cleveland sports history? Overcoming this city's tortured curse could prove impossible - even for the world's best basketball player.
- Nibali now strong favorite to win Tour de France BESANCON, France — With defending champion Chris Froome and two-time winner Alberto Contador out of the race, the path is wide open for Vincenzo Nibali to become the first Italian to win the Tour de France since the late Marco Pantani in 1998. The Fr
- British Open: a new golf course, a new Tiger Woods HOYLAKE, England — Tiger Woods was an hour into his practice round Tuesday at the British Open when he stood on the fifth tee with a foreign object in his hand. In golf vernacular, it's called a driver. Woods smashed it into the wind on the 528-yard
Pacers face new challenges in Central Division
The road to another Eastern Conference final
Mickelson confident _ at least about links golf
Phil Mickelson rolled long putts across the practice green
Bulls make 2 trades to clear salary-cap space
The Chicago Bulls made two trades Monday
- More Sports Headlines