- Last BCS debate is first Playoff debate The last big BCS debate is in a way the first big College Football Playoff debate. In this 16th and final season of the Bowl Championship Series, all the talk lately has been about strength of schedule -- or the lack thereof for No. 1 Florida State a
- Achonwa leads No. 4 Irish past No. 10 PSU BOSTON — Jacoby Ellsbury went to the New York Yankees. Jarrod Saltalamacchia is gone, too. The Boston Red Sox began rebuilding for their World Series title defense Wednesday when they signed free agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski to a one-year contract.
- PREP BOYS BASKETBALL: Hoop pick swami hopes for rebound after rough start GOSHEN -- It's time for another batch of high school boys basketball predictions. The first week of the season didn't go very well I ended up with an 0-9 mark. Hopefully this week will be better. Friday Goshen at Bremen -- The Goshen Redskins were 74
- Prep Roundup The goshen news Girls Basketball Goshen 42, Elkhart Central 28 CENTRAL -- Makaya Young 0-1 0-0 0, Amanda Dibley 2-12 2-4 7, Gabi Yoder 0-4 0-0 0, Jordan Ware 1-3 0-0 2, Daitriona Bonds 5-17 1-2 14, Lauren Gingerich 0-0 0-0 0, Jasmine Cotton 0-2 0-2 0, Kelly Ronan 0-
- Ex-Irish assistant Martin gets 5-year deal at Ohio OXFORD, Ohio -- Chuck Martin has a big rebuilding job to do. Martin got a five-year contract to try to restore Miami of Ohio's football program, which is coming off a winless season. Notre Dame's offensive coordinator was introduced as the next coac
Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston says it is completed.
Tigers finalize deal with Joe Nathan
The Detroit Tigers have agreed to terms with free agent reliever Joe Nathan on a two-year contract with a club option for 2016.
- PREP GIRLS BASKETBALL: Goshen rolls to win GOSHEN -- When you keep your opponent off the scoreboard in the opening quarter, you've made a nice down payment on winning a basketball game. That's just what the Goshen High School girls basketball team did Tuesday night at home, outscoring visitin
Jameis Winston investigation clouds Heisman voting
The 12-game regular season once again won't provide clear answers as to the best teams in college football - nor will it settle who should win the Heisman Trophy.
No. 23 Iowa holds off Notre Dame 98-93
Iowa tried to wear down Notre Dame with its superior depth — but the Fighting Irish wouldn't back down.
- More Sports Headlines