Sophomore Heather Gladfelter carded a career-best 36-38—74 for the Drury University Panthers in the first round of the Drury Fall Shootout for women’s golf at Silo Range Country Club.
The Goshen High School graduate was the leader after the first round by one stroke over Ashlynn Hall of Southwestern Oklahoma State.
Gladfelter had a 79 on the second day to finish in a tie for third place with a 153 two-day total.
• Freshman tight end DuWhan Alford (Concord) caught a pass for four yards as Eastern Michigan dropped a 51-20 Mid-American Conference decision to Ball State. Alford had three receptions for 16 yards in a 45-7 loss to Penn State.
• Senior punter Brandon Williams (NorthWood) averaged 41.3 yards on three boots for the Northwestern Wildcats in a 35-21 in over Maine. He had a long punt of 48 yards and one touchback.
• Three locals made contributions for the Trine Thunder in a 47-41 win over Concordia (Wisconsin). Senior linebacker Tony Miranda (NorthWood) had three tackles and two assists, junior wide receiver Anthony Yoder (Concord) two catches for 16 yards and senior placekicker Tyler Keck (Elkhart Memorial) kicked six PATs and a 30-yard field goal. He also averaged 55.0 on seven kickoffs.
Senior defensive back Zack Corpe (Elkhart Memorial) had four tackles, three assists and a 55-yard kickoff return for the Franklin Grizzlies in a 48-7 win over Manchester. It was the 27th straight Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference win for the Grizzlies. That is tied for the fourth longest active conference win streak in the country.
• Sophomore Haley Bechtel (Fairfield) totaled three aces and 11 digs as Campbellsville posted a 25-16, 25-15, 21-25, 25-18 victory over St. Catherine and 10 digs in a 25-24, 25-23, 25-21, loss to Georgetown College.
• Freshman Raina Troyer (Fairfield) recorded 10 digs for Indiana Wesleyan in a 25-11, 25-14, 25-12 win over Marian and an ace and four digs in a 25-14, 25-10, 25-23 victory over Goshen College in Crossroads League action.
• Freshman Riley Troyer (Fairfield) recorded 15 settings assists and two kills as Anderson defeated DePauw 25-15, 25-21, 25-17. Troyer tallied 56 assists and 28 digs as Anderson finished 1-3 in the Manchester Invitational. The Ravens topped Earlham 25-10, 23-25, 25-20, 25-18; lost to Capital 18-25, 25-22, 25-16, 20-25, 15-10; lost to Ohio Wesleyan 25-15, 25-21, 23-25, 25-21 and lost to Adrian 20-25, 23-25, 25-14, 25-13, 15-6.
• Senior Melanie Meyer had seven kills and three blocking assists, senior Emily Waits had three kills and freshman Lexa Magnuson (Elkhart Memorial) three kills and two blocking assists for Goshen in the match with Indiana Wesleyan. Meyer notched 14 kills and eight digs and Waits 14 kills for Goshen in a 25-20, 21-25, 23-25, 25-19, 15-9 league win over Spring Arbor.
• Junior Molly Studer (Wawasee) recorded seven digs and an ace for Judson College in a 25-23, 25-21, 21-25, 25-17 loss to Millikin.
• Senior Amanda Troyer (Elkhart Memorial) had 21 digs and a kill and freshman Hanna Stump (NorthWood) seven kills as the Bethel Pilots dropped a 20-25, 27-25, 25-22, 25-17 Crossroads League decision to Taylor.
• Sophomore Annie Drews (Elkhart Central and Penn) had four kills for the No.21-ranked Purdue Boilermakers in a 25-15, 25-15, 25-17 win over Syracuse.