• Grace College senior Elliot Smith (Northridge) tossed in 18 points (four 3-pointers) as the Lancers defeated California Maritime 72-53 in the NAIA national championship tournament in Point Lookout, Mo. Smith also netted 11 points (3-of-4 3-pointers) in a win over Tennessee Wesleyan.
• The Bethel Pilots (25-10) closed out the season with a 101-84 loss to No. 1 seed William Penn (Iowa) in the second round of the NAIA national championship tournament. Junior Taylor Kolbus (Goshen) played but didn’t score for the Pilots.
• Ancilla College freshman Jakyah Qaiyim (NorthWood) had four points, two rebounds and a steal for the Chargers in a 93-55 loss to Glen Oaks Community College.
• Junior Michael Kibiloski (Elkhart Memorial) scored three points and grabbed five rebounds for the IPFW Mastodons in a 74-72 win over Oakland at Rochester, Michigan.
• Senior catcher Luke Hofsommer (Northridge) singled and recorded nine putouts for the Taylor University Trojans in a 2-1 home loss to Lourdes University in the first game of a doubleheader. Sophomore Daimon Buck (Northridge) had a single in a 3-2 victory in the nightcap.
• Huntington University senior Adam Christner (Westview) singled, scored a run and stole two bases for the Foresters in a season-opening 7-3 loss to St. Catharine College at St. Catharine, Kentucky. In the second game of the twin bill, Christner had two singles, a run, an RBI and two steals in an 8-6 loss. He had a single and a steal in a 4-3 loss to the University of Northwestern Ohio.
• Junior outfielder David Yoder (Concord) went 2-for-4 with an RBI as the Saint Francis Cougars dropped the second game of a doubleheader to Martin Methodist College 6-5 in Pulaski, Tenn. Saint Francis dropped the opener by a 10-2 score.
• Junior Kyle Revella (Elkhart Christian Academy) had a double and an RBI and sophomore Mike Reiner (Jimtown) a single for the Bethel College Pilots in a 4-1 loss to Toccoa Falls College in Toccoa, Ga. Revella singled twice and scored a run as the Pilots dropped the nightcap 6-5. Revella had three hits and scored a run in a 4-2 win over Siena Heights University in a game played at Webber International University at Babson, Fla.
• Freshman pitcher Justin Brown (Jimtown) hurled 1 2/3 innings, allowing one hit and striking out one for the Franklin Grizzlies in a 15-4 loss to Huntington in the Huntington Classic at Montgomery, Ala.