- PREP WRESTLING: Goshen corrals Memorial in NLC clash GOSHEN -- Two weeks until Christmas and Goshen High School wrestling coach Jim Pickard already has a prized gift. His Redskins presented him with a 58-16 victory Tuesday night at home over perennial Northern Lakes conference powerhouse Elkhart Memori
- COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Gordon's 26 lifts Indiana past Oakland BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Evan Gordon scored a season-high 26 points and had the crowd chanting his name in Indiana's 81-54 rout of Oakland on Tuesday night. The senior guard added five rebounds and shot 10-of-12 from the field to help the Hoosiers impro
- Yanks thrilled to have Irish, Knights in bowl NEW YORK -- Randy Levine knows a good deal when he sees one. So it comes as no surprise that the New York Yankees president is thrilled that Notre Dame, which played in last season's BCS national title game, is a participant in this year's Pinstripe
- NBA: Pacers rally in 2nd half to beat Heat INDIANAPOLIS -- Roy Hibbert scored 24 points and Paul George had 15 of his 17 points during a second-half rally to lead the Pacers past Miami 90-84 Tuesday night in a matchup of the Eastern Conference's top two teams. Indiana improved its league-bes
- PREP BOYS BASKETBALL: Falcons ground Lakers BENTON -- Monday at practice John Stack was sick enough to be sent home by Fairfield High School boys basketball coach Troy Beachy. He had recovered enough by Tuesday night to toss in a career-high 17 points as the Fairfield Falcons drilled the Lakel
Basketball team, small town struggle with defeat
If “Medora” were just another movie about a hard-luck high school basketball team, you might pan it and say, “So what? Who cares? Seen that.”
Miami coach waiting to determine Wade's status
Miami coach Erik Spoelstra will wait to decide whether to play guard Dwyane Wade against the Pacers on Tuesday night.
Notre Dame, Rutgers in Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium
Notre Dame and Rutgers officials got a sampling of winter weather ahead of the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium.
Notre Dame pulls away late, tops Bryant 70-59
As hot as Jerian Grant has been offensively of late, his defense was just as key Monday night against Bryant.
Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
Neither the brutal cold nor the league's worst defense could stop Josh McCown and the Bears.
- More Sports Headlines