- Local News
- Northridge grad crowned as Miss Purdue WEST LAFAYETTE — Emily Mishler of Goshen has been crowned 2014 Miss Purdue.
WHO WE ARE: Goshen Mayor Allan Kauffman ready to pass the torch
After nearly 20 years as leader of the Maple City, Goshen Mayor Allan Kauffman is ready to pass the torch.
WHO WE ARE: Nappanee Mayor Larry Thompson reflects on city’s past, ponders future
Mayor Larry Thompson announced in his state of the city address in January that he would not seek a sixth term. When asked what went into that decision, he cited several factors.
- 'Run' fundraiser March 22 LIGONIER -- The crew at Theatre33, West Noble High School's theater group, is planning a "See How They Run" 5.2K/3.3-mile race and one-mile family fun run March 22 at West Noble High School. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. that day. Registration fo
- Ag webinar set for Thursday Staffers with Purdue's Center for Commercial Agriculture will host a free webinar Thursday focused on 2014 crop insurance decisions. Purdue Economists Roman Keeney, Michael Langemeier and Jim Mintert will lead the webinar and review the 2014 crop ins
- Chicken ordinance clears first reading GOSHEN — Chicken lovers in Goshen will have to wait at least another two weeks before finding out if the keeping of chickens will be made legal within the city’s limits.
WHO WE ARE: ‘Quality of place’ key in Goshen
Like a fine wine, quality of life in Goshen will only continue to improve with age.
That’s the prediction of longtime Goshen Mayor Allan Kauffman, who for nearly 20 years has championed the importance of what he calls “quality of place” in the potential growth and improvement of cities such as Goshen.
Secretary of State warns of senior scams
MIDDLEBURY — Protect your hard-earned money.
- Guilty plea in Goshen home invasion GOSHEN — One of the men charged in connection with a November home invasion in Goshen has pleaded guilty to the crime.
WHO WE ARE: It’s showtime for The Goshen Theater
Goshen’s quaint and lively downtown has one prominent void at 216 S. Main St. The Goshen Theater, a majestic but worn 750-seat auditorium sits vacant amid the renewed bustle of the city’s main drag.
- More Local News Headlines