- Local News
- New cabinet-maker gets zoning change approval GOSHEN — Elkhart County Commissioners Monday gave their stamp of approval to a zone change request allowing for the establishment of a new cabinet-making business near Millersburg. During Monday’s meeting, the commissioners approved a request by prop
Kosciusko Community, Lutheran hospital among 206 hacked
WARSAW — Community Health Systems, which operates 206 hospitals including Kosciusko Community Hospital and Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne, announced Monday that hackers recently broke into its computers and stole data on 4.5 million patients.
- Union Township Heritage Tour coming Saturday NAPPANEE — Have you ever been to Stumptown? Chances are if you’ve driven around Union Township outside of Nappanee, you have been and just didn’t know it. You can visit Stumptown again and several other notable places in Union Township on a tour bein
Goshen native makes trip from private to U.S. Army general
Paul Bontrager has traveled an unusual path to become a general in the United States Army.Bontrager, who was promoted Friday from colonel to deputy commanding general of the 7th Infantry Division at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash., comes from a famil
- Jefferson High School alumni reunite GOSHEN — The Jefferson High School alumni held their 10th reunion Aug. 2 at Jefferson Elementary School along Ind. 15, Goshen.The reunion had 210 people attending from the graduating classes of 1935 to 1969.Charles Harris, Syracuse, was the oldest me
- Keep track of prices paid DEAR SARA: Have you ever tried just writing the prices on the things you buy? I have heard that you should make a price book for the things you buy most often, but I’m never really sure what to include and what to leave out. Using an actual notebook
- Alexandra Downs wins 'Distinguished Young Woman' contest GOSHEN — After competing against 18 young women in the areas of academics, fitness, talent, poise and interviewing, Alexandra Downs was named this year’s winner of the Distinguished Young Women of Elkhart competition. Downs, an Elkhart Central High
- Preschool educators learn new way to teach Second of two parts GOSHEN — It’s a philosophy designed to teach young scholars how to control their impulses, make decisions and get the most of their preschool lessons. But getting the Tools of the Mind method ingrained in Elkhart County preschools
- Timothy Showalter brings his rock 'n' roll back home Goshen native Timothy Showalter and his band, Strand of Oaks, performed before a standing-room only crowd at the intimate venue Ignition Garage in Goshen Saturday night.Showalter not only blasted out his rock tunes, he chatted with the crowd and made
- FARM FAMILY OF THE YEAR: Wakarusa couple surprised, honored WAKARUSA — Mike and Sue Martin of Wakarusa never expected to be honored for being farmers.
- More Local News Headlines