GOSHEN — Goshen-area Notre Dame football fans had a plethora of options when it came for finding a place to watch the No. 1 Fighting Irish take on No. 2 Alabama in the BCS National Championship Game Monday night.Jason Oswald, owner of Constant Spring in downtown Goshen, decided to give them one more.
- Local News
- Consult resources before adopting child Q: I've heard that you were abandoned and orphaned as a child, and that Focus on the Family is encouraging adoption through the foster care system. Can you provide my spouse and me with any guidance, or suggest any resources as we consider adopting a
- Delph's reelection not a foregone conclusion INDIANAPOLIS Mike Delph is a Republican state senator from Carmel, but he is well known to Republicans throughout the state. The evangelical conservative ran for secretary of state in 2002, losing at the Republican convention. Three years later, he w
- YOU SHOULD KNOW: David and Pat Boothby GOSHEN -- David and Pat Boothby are thoroughly enjoying their retirement. The couple says they are busier now than when they both were working because they have time to pick and choose their activities, which includes spending time with their two gr
- How Web search optimization has changed You're familiar with searching for things online. Whether a question you have, or a product you want, or for doing cost comparisons. In fact, the word "Google" has become a verb for doing an online search. You've likely heard this before, "just googl
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish INDIANAPOLIS – A much-debated ban on same-sex marriage wasn’t the only proposed constitutional amendment to get knocked off this November’s ballot. Gone, too, is the less contentious proposal to protect Hoosiers’ right to hunt and fish.
- Third House: Opponents blast firearm bill GOSHEN — More protection or increased risk? Cathie Cripe views a measure approved by Indiana lawmakers as leading to the latter.
- 'Live & Local' events get warm welcome as weather relents GOSHEN — Frankie Copeland sat a table drinking a cup of coffee, enjoying the music and fellowship with her friend, Esther Deal.
- GC earns state radio honor three-peat GOSHEN – For the third consecutive year, Goshen College was named Radio School of the Year in the 2014 Indiana Association of School Broadcasting’s (IASB) college broadcasting competition.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Human uniqueness focus of religion and science conference GOSHEN — Goshen College’s 14th annual Conference on Science and Religion will take place March 14-16. The featured speaker will be Joshua M. Moritz, lecturer of philosophical theology and the natural sciences at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, Calif., adjunct professor of philosophy at the University of San Francisco and managing editor of the journal Theology and Science.
- More Local News Headlines