Are you ready for the country?
Josh Turner is set to perform July 24 at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair. Showtime at the grandstand stage is 8 p.m.
Fair officials made the announcement Wednesday evening.
Tickets for reserved track seating will go on sale sometime in March. Cost of the reserved tickets hasn’t been confirmed, but that information will be posted on the fair’s website www.4hfair.org and Facebook when it becomes available.
Turner is a Hannah, S.C., native who’s sold more than 5 million albums, according to his press information. His hits include “Your Man,” “Would You Go With Me,” “Why Don’t We Just Dance” and “All Over Me.”
The Turner show is the first 2012 Elkhart County Fair concert confirmed by fair officials. However, the concert website Pollstar also lists a July 23 show by Thompson Square, a group with hits including “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not” and “I Got You.”
The 2012 Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 20 to 28.
Are you ready for the country?
- Local News
- RV industry veterans go to work on new venture, business model LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A year ago Ron and Bill Fenech and Don Clark had a poster with a drawing of recreational vehicles on it. That was the extent of their new RV company. On Tuesday, a year later, the partners were busy hosting dealers at their display of RVs that looked very similar to that drawing on the poster.
- Motorhome business once again flourishing LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The iconic American vacation machine, the motorhome, is experiencing an uptick in popularity.
Work sharing program faces opposition
INDIANAPOLIS -- A coalition of business and labor groups want Indiana legislators to expand unemployment benefits to partially furloughed workers, but the proposal faces opposition from the state agency that would implement it. So-called "work-shari
- Youth prepare for 'cardboard city' GOSHEN -- Members of St. John the Evangelist youth group are preparing to spend a cold night outdoors in a "cardboard city" they'll build Saturday evening. The purpose of the cardboard city is for the youth to empathize with and bring attention to th
Career Center teams to compete at PRI National Championship
ELKHART -- The Elkhart Area Career Center's Motorcycle Technology and Small Engine Repair class has two teams of students who will be competing in the "Hot Rodders of Tomorrow" Engine Challenge in Indianapolis Tuesday through Dec. 14. The competitio
Thor reports first-quarter income gain
ELKHART -- Officials at Elkhart-based Thor Industries Inc. this week announced a 33 percent increase in net income for the company's fiscal first quarter, which ended Oct. 31, on a 5 percent increase in sales. According in information from RV Busines
- Holiday Bazaars, Crafts & Cookie Walks A roundup of local holiday bazaars, crafts and cookie and cake walks.
Elkhart General Hospital begins work on $74M expansion
Elkhart General Hospital has begun work on a $74 million expansion that will add three floors to its west wing.
- National RV Trade Show kicks off with football LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- It's an RV trade show, but football was the topic Monday morning. At the National RV Trade Show kickoff breakfast "Mean Joe" Greene, hall of fame NFL defensive tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers, made a brief appearance on stage. G
- RV leaders forecast a smooth cruise LOUISVILLE, KY. -- The recreational vehicle industry is on cruise control and the road ahead looks smooth. That was the positive message from Recreational Vehicle Industry Association President Richard Coon, who had nothing but good news to tell hund
- More Local News Headlines