Are you ready for the country?
Josh Turner is set to perform July 24 at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair. Showtime at the grandstand stage is 8 p.m.
Fair officials made the announcement Wednesday evening.
Tickets for reserved track seating will go on sale sometime in March. Cost of the reserved tickets hasn’t been confirmed, but that information will be posted on the fair’s website www.4hfair.org and Facebook when it becomes available.
Turner is a Hannah, S.C., native who’s sold more than 5 million albums, according to his press information. His hits include “Your Man,” “Would You Go With Me,” “Why Don’t We Just Dance” and “All Over Me.”
The Turner show is the first 2012 Elkhart County Fair concert confirmed by fair officials. However, the concert website Pollstar also lists a July 23 show by Thompson Square, a group with hits including “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not” and “I Got You.”
The 2012 Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 20 to 28.
Are you ready for the country?
- Local News
- 'A Kid's Life' portrays sudden techno loss WAKARUSA — The young people of our present day society don’t remember ever having lived their lives without some element of electronic gadgetry becoming involved. For them, it would be difficult to fathom the possibility of a world “off the grid.” So the fourth- and fifth-grade students of Wakarusa Elementary School will offer a comedic and chaotic interpretation of such a dilemma with their upcoming musical “A Kid’s Life.”
- Furry pals help GC students with dog days of finals GOSHEN - Goshen College students took a break from preparing for final exams to hangout with some four-legged friends Monday afternoon.
- Fairfield students to present Oscar Wilde classic BENTON — Fairfield’s musicals and plays have recently left their status as an extracurricular activity and come under the wing of the Performing Arts Department and under the direction of Andrew Muth.
- Sheriff travels to Nev. ranch in fed dispute Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers has weighed in on a controversy surrounding a Nevada rancher, and visited the scene of the struggle.
- Elkhart, LaGrange counties denied FEMA aid GOSHEN — Elkhart and LaGrange counties were not among the 19 Indiana counties that had financial aid approved Tuesday by FEMA for a January winter storm.
- Prep Roundup BASEBALL Falcons garner road win The Fairfield Falcons posted a 5-4 victory Tuesday evening at Rochester. Dustin Everage (three innings), Andrew Bobeck (three) and Austin Christner (one) pitched for the winners. Everage struck out three to earn the
- SLIDESHOW: Pets of the Week Available cats and dogs at the Humane Society of Elkhart County. These loving animals are looking for permanent homes.
Indiana panel approves new school standards
A panel of Indiana business and education leaders were met with boos and jeers from attendees after they voted overwhelmingly Monday to support new math and English standards set to replace the Common Core in classrooms this fall.
The week in photos
BOARD OF WORKS: Properties deemed uninhabitable
Repairs still need to be made to two Goshen properties that had been targeted by the city Board of Public Works and Safety.
- More Local News Headlines