Are you ready for the country?
Josh Turner is set to perform July 24 at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair. Showtime at the grandstand stage is 8 p.m.
Fair officials made the announcement Wednesday evening.
Tickets for reserved track seating will go on sale sometime in March. Cost of the reserved tickets hasn’t been confirmed, but that information will be posted on the fair’s website www.4hfair.org and Facebook when it becomes available.
Turner is a Hannah, S.C., native who’s sold more than 5 million albums, according to his press information. His hits include “Your Man,” “Would You Go With Me,” “Why Don’t We Just Dance” and “All Over Me.”
The Turner show is the first 2012 Elkhart County Fair concert confirmed by fair officials. However, the concert website Pollstar also lists a July 23 show by Thompson Square, a group with hits including “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not” and “I Got You.”
The 2012 Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 20 to 28.
Are you ready for the country?
- Local News
'Children's Book Experience' Saturday at Better World Books
A “Children’s Book Experience” for young people in elementary and middle school is set from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Better World Books in downtown Goshen.
- Vote machines, center being prepared for May primary GOSHEN — Wayne Kramer and Sheri Mellin are in opposing political parties, but Thursday they were on the same page.
- Former 'coffee house' manager to speak BRISTOL -- At 7 p.m. April 25, the Elkhart County Historical Museum will host a presentation by scholar John Kampen, who will speak about his time as the manager of the Partly Dave Coffee House in Elkhart between 1968 and 1971. This program is held
- International kite teams to perform in Shipshewana SHIPSHEWANA -- Kites will soar over the Shipshewana skies during the fourth annual Kite Komotion Clinic and Festival April 26. The festival will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Shipshewana Event Center/Hostetler's Hudson Auto Museum, located at 72
- Groundbreaking held for new arts and enterprise center GOSHEN — Let the construction begin.
- Officials: Financial outlook bleak GOSHEN — Times are tough financially for both the city of Goshen and Elkhart County Government, and it’s unclear if there’s much light at the end of the tunnel.
- Elkhart man gets 76 years for beating, kidnapping trucker GOSHEN — A man who battered, robbed and kidnapped a truck driver was sentenced in Elkhart Circuit Court Thursday to 76 years in prison.
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Westview art students win regional awards EMMA -- The Westview Visual Arts department received 16 awards at the Scholastic Arts Competition in March. Eight Gold Keys were awarded to Westview art students along with five Silver Key awards and three Honorable Mention awards. The Scholastic Art
- Several area schools earn 4-Star recognition GOSHEN — Clinton Christian School in Goshen has been named one of 311 schools among Indiana’s 4 Star schools for 2012-2013.
- More Local News Headlines
- 'Children's Book Experience' Saturday at Better World Books