Are you ready for the country?
Josh Turner is set to perform July 24 at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair. Showtime at the grandstand stage is 8 p.m.
Fair officials made the announcement Wednesday evening.
Tickets for reserved track seating will go on sale sometime in March. Cost of the reserved tickets hasn’t been confirmed, but that information will be posted on the fair’s website www.4hfair.org and Facebook when it becomes available.
Turner is a Hannah, S.C., native who’s sold more than 5 million albums, according to his press information. His hits include “Your Man,” “Would You Go With Me,” “Why Don’t We Just Dance” and “All Over Me.”
The Turner show is the first 2012 Elkhart County Fair concert confirmed by fair officials. However, the concert website Pollstar also lists a July 23 show by Thompson Square, a group with hits including “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not” and “I Got You.”
The 2012 Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 20 to 28.
Are you ready for the country?
- Local News
Small alligator missing from animal park in Shipshewana
SHIPSHEWANA — It isn’t very often that Vernon and Esther Miller, owners of Dutch Creek Farm Animal Park, a 30-acre interactive zoo in Shipshewana, have to ponder over the disappearance of one of their animals. While the couple has had a chicken or two fall victim to a hawk or fox over the years, never have they had one of their more exotic creatures vanish. That is, until approximately two weeks ago.
SLIDESHOW: Wednesday at the fair
- UPDATE: Official says foul play unlikely in fatal fire MIDDLEBURY — Detectives with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department are currently investigating the death of a 69-year-old female whose body was found inside her fire-damaged home early Wednesday morning in Middlebury.
- 4-H FAIR: For 4-Hers at the fair, it's a matter of time GOSHEN — Wednesday afternoon was a good time to kick back and relax in the beef barn, Jake Snider decided.
- FAIR FACES: Girls' friendship grows through 4-H GOSHEN — It didn’t take too much convincing for Grace Kniesly to talk her friend Brookelyn Berndt into joining 4-H.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
Rural Middlebury woman found dead after fire
Blaze reported shortly after midnight
Huron Street residents under boil order
Tuesday morning, Goshen water crews shut down the water main on Huron Street to replace a broken fire hydrant.
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management requires the Water Utility to issue a boil water order for the affected area, which is Huron Street from West Lincoln to Pike Street.
- Middlebury council OKs payment for sewage plant work MIDDLEBURY — On Monday, the Middlebury Town Council approved a pay application of $426,117 for Fetters Construction Co. of Auburn for Contract A of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements Project in Middlebury. According to Town Manager Mark Sale
- Harness racing a fan favorite at 4-H Fair GOSHEN — There is no question about the popularity of the three-day harness racing program at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
- More Local News Headlines
- Small alligator missing from animal park in Shipshewana