Are you ready for the country?
Josh Turner is set to perform July 24 at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair. Showtime at the grandstand stage is 8 p.m.
Fair officials made the announcement Wednesday evening.
Tickets for reserved track seating will go on sale sometime in March. Cost of the reserved tickets hasn’t been confirmed, but that information will be posted on the fair’s website www.4hfair.org and Facebook when it becomes available.
Turner is a Hannah, S.C., native who’s sold more than 5 million albums, according to his press information. His hits include “Your Man,” “Would You Go With Me,” “Why Don’t We Just Dance” and “All Over Me.”
The Turner show is the first 2012 Elkhart County Fair concert confirmed by fair officials. However, the concert website Pollstar also lists a July 23 show by Thompson Square, a group with hits including “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not” and “I Got You.”
The 2012 Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 20 to 28.
Are you ready for the country?
- Local News
- Chickens waiting for welcome mat in Goshen GOSHEN -- Support for the keeping of chickens within the city limits of Goshen has grown significantly over the past few years. Need proof? Just check out the increasingly popular Facebook group "Hens for Goshen". Started back in 2010 by Goshen resid
- Future Farmers of America program thriving at Fairfield GOSHEN — Three of Fairfield High School’s Future Farmers of America officers joined the chapter for many reasons — most of them are agriculturally-related.
- IMF: Income disparities hurt economies WASHINGTON -- The International Monetary Fund warned Thursday that wide income inequality can slow economic growth and is proposing ways to reduce it. Its recommendations include: Raising property taxes. Taxing the rich more than others. Raising the
- YOUTH OF THE YEAR: Goshen girl takes top title at Indiana Boys & Girls Club GOSHEN — Eleven years ago, a first-grader walked into the Goshen Boys & Girls Club with her brother and two sisters. They were there because mom needed someone to watch them after school.
- Fire contract compromise goes up in smoke SHIPSHEWANA — Just when it seemed that a raging dispute between the Town Council and Shipshewana’s surrounding townships over approval of a new fire protection agreement was simmering down, it has been brought back to the front burner.
- Fairfield schools reorganizing to compete STEAM to be implemented at all Fairfield Schools. Millersburg Elementary to see some of the biggest changes.
- THE DIRT ON GARDENING: Winter has gone on too long This man's excitement begins behind the scenes. If you’re thinking like I am that spring will never arrive then worry no more. I mean, it has to arrive sooner or later, right?
- ASK THE SHERIFF: A police officer’s role is to serve and protect the public DEAR SHERIFF: What do you believe is the proper role of the local police officer? ANSWER: In the 19th century, Sir Robert Peel, a statesman from London, established principles as a guide to reorganizing and refocusing the London Metropolitan Police.
- Waky TIF district approved by plan commission GOSHEN — Elkhart County Plan Commission members Thursday voted to approve a new Tax Increment Finance District for the town of Wakarusa which could bring some significant utility improvements to the area over the next few years.
- College students spend spring break working on former Hawks building GOSHEN — Students from two universities chose to serve others in the Goshen community this week instead of visiting sunny beaches for spring break.
- More Local News Headlines