Goshen News, Goshen, IN

October 1, 2013

ELKHART COUNTY COMMISSIONERS: C.R. 4 bridge work approved

By JOHN KLINE
THE GOSHEN NEWS

GOSHEN — The C.R. 4 bridge over Christiana Creek will get a significant makeover.

Elkhart County Commissioners Monday voted to approve a contract with the Indiana Department of Transportation for work on Bridge 127 at a total cost of approximately $1,049,152.

“This involves federal funds through INDOT, and they will pay up to 80 percent of the eligible cost,” said County Administrator Tom Byers of the contract. “So then the county will be responsible for paying the remaining 20 percent.”

According to Byers, the contract involves the complete replacement of Bridge 127.

As of Monday, a completion date for the replacement work had been set for at or before June 30, 2014.

Other business

In other business, the board:

• Approved a request by the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department to allow an employee of the department to travel to Altamonte Springs, Fla., in November to attend Police Internal Affairs Investigations training.