505 W. Vistula St., 848-7458
The Soul, Ink writing group has put together stories, essays and poems that are available at the library. A copy of the local authors’ work is available for $5.
Soul, Ink is designed to provide constructive criticism and empathetic support for writers at all levels. Writers of all ages and working in all genres are invited to participate. The group’s next meeting is set for Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The Bristol library will be closed May 27 in observance of Memorial Day. On May 25, the library will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. as usual.
The fifth annual Plant Swap at the library will take place at 6 p.m. May 20. Participants are invited to show up with gardening tips, stories and plants to swap.
The library’s meeting room is now available for social events at a rental fee of $30 for up to four hours, or $60 for time exceeding four hours. Not-for-profit groups can still use the meeting room at no cost.
The Book Club’s next meeting will be June 12 at noon. The selection is “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” by Jamie Ford. Copies will be available at the circulation desk.
‘Calling All Crafters’
The Calling All Crafters group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday and May 28. Participants are invited to work on projects, and those without a project are invited to stop by and learn crafts.
Teens in the Otaku Club will meet May 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. This club is for teens interested in manga and anime. Call Desi at 848-7458 for details.
The Lego Club will meet May 31 at 3 p.m. The club is open to participants of all ages.
Sign-up for the summer reading program starts May 31. This year’s theme is “Dig Into Reading.”
- Local News
- Middlebury council OKs payment for sewage plant work MIDDLEBURY — On Monday, the Middlebury Town Council approved a pay application of $426,117 for Fetters Construction Co. of Auburn for Contract A of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements Project in Middlebury. According to Town Manager Mark Sale
- Colts looking to take next step in 2014 INDIANAPOLIS — Andrew Luck has taken Indianapolis to the playoffs twice, won a division title and orchestrated the second-greatest postseason comeback in league history.That’s no longer good enough anymore for the Colts. They’re after a championship.
- No Headline Provided FootballJFL registration, equipment issueThe Goshen Junior Football League (JFL) is having registration and equipment issue on July 30 and July 31 at Pringle Park from 6-7:30 p.m.Player evaluation days are Aug. 2 from 9-11 a.m. and Aug. 5 from 6-7:30
- Harness racing a fan favorite at 4-H Fair GOSHEN — There is no question about the popularity of the three-day harness racing program at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
- R. Louise Cook R. Louise Cook Dec. 23, 1920-July 17, 2014 ELKHART — R. Louise Cook, 93, a lifetime resident of Elkhart, died at 5 a.m. Thursday at Miller’s Merry Manor, Wakarusa. She was born Dec. 23, 1920 in Elkhart County, three miles north of Wakarusa, to Irvin
- 4-H FAIR: Senior citizens enjoy day despite temps GOSHEN — It was a warm day Tuesday, but that didn’t stop hundreds of senior citizens from stopping by for a snack and a walk through the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
- 4-H Fair: Shuffleboard tourney a source of fun GOSHEN — A little friendly banter could be heard among the shuffleboard players as they competed at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds Tuesday afternoon.
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
- SLIDESHOW: Pets of the Week Cats and dogs at the Humane Society of Elkhart County looking for loving, permanent homes. This month the HSEC has a Hot Dogs and Cool Cats special. Adopt in July and receive 25 percent off your adoption fee for dogs and cats under 5 years old or 50 percent off those 5-years-old or better.
FAIR FACES: Austin Sanders enjoys success, versatility as 10-year 4-Her
It’s tough to say in which Elkhart County 4-H Fair livestock barn you’re most likely to find 10-year 4-H member Austin Sanders.
- More Local News Headlines