A STAFF REPORT
THE GOSHEN NEWS
Fashion and four-wheeled fineness will highlight downtown Goshen’s First Fridays event this week.
“Live” mannequins — human beings being very, very still, basically — will be on display downtown as part of “A High Fashion Tour.” Mannequins will be on hand at Gift of G.A.B., Jules Boutique, l.o.l health & fitness studio, Salon J, Ten Thousand Villages and Woldruff’s Footwear and Apparel. Scavenger hunt items can also be found in these businesses, as well as at Maple City Market, Reverie and Spacious Heart Yoga.
The fashion tour will take place from 5 to 9 p.m.
Friday’s festivities will also include the seventh-annual “Porsches to GOshen” event. Organizers say close to 100 Porsches will be on display on West Lincoln Avenue between Third and Main streets. The show will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m., with awards to be presented at 7 p.m. The public will have the opportunity to cast votes for a Peoples’ Choice Award.
The Porsche Club of Michiana requests a $15 donation per car from those showing their vehicles. The donations will support the clubs annual School Supply Give-Away. Donations will be collected as the Porsches arrive for the show between 5 and 6 p.m.
Other scheduled First Fridays activities include:
• The band Apes of Wrath will perform from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the main stage on the courthouse lawn.
• The GoShakes theater group will be dressed in Elizabethan garb at BetterWorld Books, 215 S. Main St., from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
• Sharon Kurtz Hammel, author of “Handicap Never! I Will Love You Forever,” will be signing copies of her book and talking with customers at Better World Books from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Jim Showman — and his robots — will be the guest artist at The Local, 211 S. Fifth St., from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Musician Paul Erdman will perform from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Powerhouse, located just west of the Farmers Market.
• Not Your Mother’s Irish Band, consisting of Kent Dutchersmith and other musicians, will perform in the Fellowship Hall at Goshen City Church of The Brethren, 203 N. Fifth St. The performance starts at 5:30 p.m. Popcorn and soft drinks will be served.
First Fridays is a monthly festival designed to highlight the commercial and artistic offerings of downtown Goshen.