GRANGER — The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the suspicious death of a 17-year-old girl following a 911 call late Saturday evening in Granger.According to Elkhart County police, officers responded to a 911 call at a residence located at 29482 C.R. 1, Granger, at 11:18 p.m. Saturday.Upon arrival to the home, officers located a 17-year-old girl who was found deceased in a bedroom.Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department detectives, with the assistance of the Elkhart County Coroner’s office and the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s office, began an investigation into the girl death, which appeared suspicious.While on-scene, officers said they arrested a person of interest on unrelated charges. The investigation is ongoing and the name of the victim will not be released pending notification of family.Additional information concerning this investigation will be released once it becomes available.
- Local News
- 4-H FAIR: Senior citizens enjoy day despite temps GOSHEN — It was a warm day Tuesday, but that didn’t stop hundreds of senior citizens from stopping by for a snack and a walk through the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
- Middlebury council OKs payment for sewage plant work MIDDLEBURY — On Monday, the Middlebury Town Council approved a pay application of $426,117 for Fetters Construction Co. of Auburn for Contract A of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements Project in Middlebury. According to Town Manager Mark Sale
- Harness racing a fan favorite at 4-H Fair GOSHEN — There is no question about the popularity of the three-day harness racing program at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
- 4-H Fair: Shuffleboard tourney a source of fun GOSHEN — A little friendly banter could be heard among the shuffleboard players as they competed at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds Tuesday afternoon.
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
- SLIDESHOW: Pets of the Week Cats and dogs at the Humane Society of Elkhart County looking for loving, permanent homes. This month the HSEC has a Hot Dogs and Cool Cats special. Adopt in July and receive 25 percent off your adoption fee for dogs and cats under 5 years old or 50 percent off those 5-years-old or better.
FAIR FACES: Austin Sanders enjoys success, versatility as 10-year 4-Her
It’s tough to say in which Elkhart County 4-H Fair livestock barn you’re most likely to find 10-year 4-H member Austin Sanders.
GOSHEN BOARD OF WORKS: Gravel lot approved for Forest River
GOSHEN — The employee parking areas for a new manufacturing facility within the Century Drive Industrial Park on Goshen’s south side will be allowed to remain unpaved, though that doesn’t mean the city has to like it.
Fair's food drive falls short of world record, but is still a success
For a 24-hour period, the Elkhart County 4-H Fair “All IN” food drive committee attempted a “Guinness Book of World Records” for the largest single-day food drive. Their goal: 560,000 pounds of food collected from 1 p.m. Sunday to 1 p.m. Monday.
Many enjoy Disabilities Awareness Day at the fair
Barry Malone stepped off the Orient Express roller coaster ride, grinning. “That I was fun. I liked that,” Malone said with a laugh. “That was a good ride, too.” Malone attended the Elkhart County 4-H Fair Monday and participated in the Disabilities Awareness Day activities and events at Heritage Park, just inside the main gate.
- More Local News Headlines