GRANGER — The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the suspicious death of a 17-year-old girl following a 911 call late Saturday evening in Granger.According to Elkhart County police, officers responded to a 911 call at a residence located at 29482 C.R. 1, Granger, at 11:18 p.m. Saturday.Upon arrival to the home, officers located a 17-year-old girl who was found deceased in a bedroom.Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department detectives, with the assistance of the Elkhart County Coroner’s office and the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s office, began an investigation into the girl death, which appeared suspicious.While on-scene, officers said they arrested a person of interest on unrelated charges. The investigation is ongoing and the name of the victim will not be released pending notification of family.Additional information concerning this investigation will be released once it becomes available.
- Local News
Public meeting set for rerouting U.S. 33 through Goshen
State highway agency to hold hearing on rerouting U.S. 33 in Goshen.
- Goshen committee expected to recommend middle school for new pool
VIDEO: Goshen Middle School teachers flash mob students for ISTEP
Teachers at Goshen Middle School started their day Monday with a flash mob dance routine. The teachers said the dance was their way of getting students excited about the ISTEP testing that will be held Tuesday and Wednesday.Goshen News video by Roger Schneider
- Bethany law ed students ‘arrest’ teacher GOSHEN — Students in Brent Reinhardt’s law education class interrupted Gary Chupp’s period 7 study hall to arrest him for the murder of Buddy (the blow-up baseball dummy).
- READ-A-THON BLITZ: 151,235 minutes in three weeks GOSHEN — Bethany Christian students and faculty in lower grades (four through eight) logged 151,235 minutes of reading during a three-week Read-a-thon. This equates to 2,520 hours 35 minutes and an average of about 18 hours per person.
- Four hurt in Sunday wreck A four-vehicle crash injured four people north of Goshen Sunday afternoon. Police said one of the drivers involved suffered life-threatening injuries. The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. on U.S. 20 east of C.R. 21. Elkhart County police said a 2001
Daylight saving time still a logistical, political issue
Like many of us, Blake Eckelbarger reset a clock Sunday morning. His process was more labor-intensive.
- YOU SHOULD KNOW: David and Pat Boothby GOSHEN -- David and Pat Boothby are thoroughly enjoying their retirement. The couple says they are busier now than when they both were working because they have time to pick and choose their activities, which includes spending time with their two gr
- How Web search optimization has changed You're familiar with searching for things online. Whether a question you have, or a product you want, or for doing cost comparisons. In fact, the word "Google" has become a verb for doing an online search. You've likely heard this before, "just googl
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish INDIANAPOLIS – A much-debated ban on same-sex marriage wasn’t the only proposed constitutional amendment to get knocked off this November’s ballot. Gone, too, is the less contentious proposal to protect Hoosiers’ right to hunt and fish.
- More Local News Headlines
- Public meeting set for rerouting U.S. 33 through Goshen