THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — GOSHEN — The Goshen College worship team, Parables, will use music, personal stories and original drama to worship in congregations and other venues throughout the next year.
The program for 2013-14 was developed by the eight student members, with direction and leadership from Deb Brubaker, professor of music, and Gwen Gustafson-Zook, minister of worship.
This year’s theme, “Where the River Will Never Run Dry,” focuses on songs and stories of healing and home, addressing the deep-seated need to experience God as the ever-present source of our belonging.
“As the students worked with the music, biblical texts and their own personal stories, central issues of healing and home emerged, resulting in this year’s theme,” Gustafson-Zook said.
The Parables team includes: Prashansa Dickson, a sophomore psychology and sociology double major from Allahbad, India; Miranda Earnhart, a sophomore music education major from Milford; Martin Flowers, a sophomore music and theater double major from Nappanee; Benjamin Ganger, a sophomore music major from Goshen; Rachel Mast, a senior music major from Corvallis, Ore.; Becky Snider, a junior music education major from Broadway, Va.; Brody Thomas, a junior music education major from Springs, Pa.; and Paul Zehr, a sophomore music and theater double major from Carthage, N.Y.
Upcoming local performances
• Nov. 7 at Bethany Christian High School, Goshen.
• Nov. 10 at 8 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. at Waterford Mennonite Church, Goshen.
• Nov 24 at 9:30 a.m. at College Mennonite Church, Goshen.
• Jan. 17 to 19 at Camp Friedenswald Junior High Camp, Cassopolis, Mich.
• Jan. 26 at 8:25 a.m. and 10:05 a.m. at First United Methodist Church, Mishawaka.
• Jan. 29 at 6 p.m., Pizza and Parables night for area youth groups, Rieth Recital Hall, Goshen College Music Center
• Feb. 2 at 9:30 a.m. at North Main Street Mennonite Church, Nappanee.
• Feb. 16 at 10:20 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church, Goshen.
• March 21 at 10 a.m. at Goshen College Chapel, College Mennonite Church, Goshen.
• April 9 at 7 p.m., a home program at Rieth Recital Hall, Goshen College Music Center.
Schedule a performance
Performance dates are still being confirmed and more will be added throughout the year.
For more information about Parables and scheduling the group, contact Gwen Gustafson-Zook at 574-535-7780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.