By SCOTT WEISSER
---- — GOSHEN — What's in store on the grandstand stage at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair? Country and "Kryptonite," along with a Christian music standout.
This summer's concert line-up was announced at the Wednesday night fair board meeting. The featured performers will be 3 Doors Down, Justin Moore, Tyler Farr, Danielle Bradbery and Francesca Battistelli.
Track-seat tickets go on sale May 31. The ticket price for all shows except the Battistelli performance is $30; the price for that concert will be announced later. Seating in the grandstands is free on a first-come, first-served basis with gate admission. Showtime is 8 p.m. for all performances.
The concert schedule is:
• Saturday, July 19: 3 Doors Down — The Mississippi rock group's albums include 2000's "The Better Life," 2002's "Away from the Sun," 2005's "Seventeen Days" and 2008's "3 Doors Down." A greatest hits compilation was released in 2012. Hit singles for the band include "Kryptonite," "When I'm Gone" and "Here Without You."
• Sunday, July 20: Francesca Battistelli — Battistelli has garnered a Grammy nomination, 19 Dove Award nominations and earned six Dove Awards. Her music has been included in NBC's "The Biggest Loser," Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance" and ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," among other programs. Hit singles for Battistelli include "Free to be Me" and "This is the Stuff."
• Monday, July 21: Tyler Farr — Farr scored a hit album with his 2013 debut, "Redneck Crazy," along with the single of the same name.
The opening act for the Farr show will be Parmalee, the group behind the country singles "Musta Had a Good Time" and "Carolina."
• Tuesday, July 22: Danielle Bradbery — The teen singer came to fame on Season 4 of "The Voice," where she's performed country classics including "Maybe It Was Memphis," "Born to Fly" and "Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days)."
Guest performers during the Bradbery concert will be The Swon Brothers, who finished in third place during the fourth season of "The Voice."
• Wednesday, July 23: Justin Moore — Moore has charted country hits with "Small Town USA," "If Heaven Weren't So Far Away" and "Til My Last Day."
Opening the Moore show will be Joey Hyde, who's set to release the first single of his debut album this spring.
The Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs from July 18 to 26.
In other business Wednesday, 2014 fair president Tim Yoder announced Indiana Superintendent for Public Instruction Glenda Ritz as his pick for marshal of this summer's fair parade.
The parade takes place the Sunday of fair week, winding its way through downtown Goshen en route to the fairgrounds.
Ritz, a Democrat, defeated GOP incumbent Tony Bennett for the education superintendent post in 2012.
Ritz had been an educator since 1978 until her election in 2012. Before starting as the state’s Superintendent, Ritz was the library media specialist at Crooked Creek Elementary School in Indianapolis.
Information about the performers for the 2014 Elkhart County 4-H Fair concert series was provided by fair staff.