A driver was injured in a one-vehicle crash early Thursday morning south of Bristol.
The mishap occurred on U.S. 20 east of Ind. 15 around 12:23 a.m. Elkhart County police said Juan Delgado Hans, 39, Elkhart, was driving east in a 2004 Ford Excursion. Hans tried to pass an eastbound semi truck and lost control of his vehicle on the icy road. Hans’ automobile went off the north side of U.S. 20 and rolled over several times.
Hans suffered back and neck pain as a result of the crash. Police cited him for traveling too fast for road conditions.
• It was reported to Elkhart County police Tuesday that $5,000 was stolen from a 77-year-old Goshen woman as part of a scam. The woman was called by someone identifying themselves as a “prize winning committee,” according to the police report.
• Jason Lee Lacey, 436 North Wood Sage, Bristol, told Elkhart County police that someone entered his unlocked 2000 Plymouth Neon while it was parked at his residence and stole two speakers and two amplifiers. The theft occurred between noon Dec. 5 and 3:10 a.m. Dec. 9.
• Tobias Yoder of Nappanee told Elkhart County police Monday that someone stole welding equipment from a construction trailer at 70693 C.R. 23.
• Amer Diaz of Goshen told Goshen police Tuesday that here wallet was stolen at 2220 Elkhart Road.
• Curtis Camplin of Wakarusa told Goshen police Tuesday that someone took nearly $390 from his wallet while it was in his jacket pocket near his work station at the Starcraft bus division plant, 2367 Century Drive.
• Nancy Torres of Ligonier told Goshen police Monday her wallet was stolen from a unattended shopping cart at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East.
• LaGrange County police arrested several people on alcohol-related and other charges Dec. 6. The arrests were made after police went to a residence in the 5500 block of C.R. 250 North. Officers went to the home in search of someone wanted by police.