Future of island's wolves is iffy
Scientists have a large collection of moose antlers at their Isle Royale research station. (Photo by Roger Schneider)
Scientists are trying to decide if wolves on Isle Royale should be left to fend for themselves.
- ASK A VET: Urinary problem needs diagnostics DEAR DR. WELDY’S: My friend’s dog has been urinating blood off and on for several months and has been treating him for a urinary tract infection with antibiotics.
- Merry Lea to host women’s spirituality retreat WOLF LAKE -- Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College will host its second women's spirituality retreat, "Witness through Storytelling," from Jan. 31 to Feb. 1. The retreat will begin at 7:30 p.m. that Friday evening and end mid-afte
- WHOLE FAMILY: To do something with heart, give of yourself “Steph, can you put together an in-service for the staff about how to write with heart?”
- THE PLAIN SIDE: Fellow traveler finds auction chanting a little odd Oh, Montana! Wherefore art thou so distant to Indiana? California is still higher on my favorite states list, but one could make a solid case for the big skies, rolling green plains and rugged mountain beauty of Montana.
- Woodlawn Nature Center to host upcoming events ELKHART -- Woodlawn Nature Center will host several upcoming events that are open to the public, including the return of PaleoJoe, the return of author Sandy Marie and "Sound, Science and Celebration." 'PaleoJoe' returning to Woodlawn Feb. 21-22 Jos
- ASK A VET: DEAR DR. WELDY'S: My parent's dog recently had to have emergency surgery because of a uterine infection. It was very expensive and she nearly died. Is this common? How do I prevent this from happening to my dog? -- Concerned Pet Owner DEAR CONCERNED:
- WHOLE FAMILY: Slow grocery line isn’t exactly “Surviving the Cut” Our house is full of electronics. Two laptop computers, two desktop computers, two heavily-armed cell phones, an iPad, a Kindle, an iPod for music and audio books, assorted hand-held video games that make annoying noises and get little actual play, a
- NOT THAT YOU ASKED: Get specific with resoultions ... and return that farm equipment Happy 2014! As the line from John Lennon’s song states, “Another year’s over, a new one’s just begun.” I don’t know about all of you, but for me 2013 was a blur. Maybe that’s how they’ll all be from this point on, I don’t know.
- Goshen students build playhouse GOSHEN -- Goshen High School students built a playhouse this fall as part of the building trades program. The classes, Construction Framing and Construction Finishing, built the playhouse for Merit Learning Center Prinicipal Kristen Watt's family, ac
- More Life Headlines
- Future of island's wolves is iffy