- Don't kid around with CL infection DEAR DR. WELDY’S: My family has purchased a few kid goats recently to keep as pets on the farm. The place we bought them from said they had some goats with “CL” recently, but didn’t say anything else. What is “CL” and is it something that we should b
- Don't stomp on my liberties and I won't stomp on yours We’ve been hearing more about freedoms and liberties lately and not just because yesterday was Independence Day. In the news and in social media the debates go on over recognizing same-sex “marriages” and the HHS mandate — which seeks to force all em
- RELIGION BRIEFS: July 5, 2014 A free community event, Backyard Splash Bash 2014, is set to take place July 12 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Community Church of Waterford. There will be wet and dry fun for people of all ages.
BLOG: Sheila's summer reading list
Looking for a few good reads this summer? Check out TGN journalist Sheila Selman's to-read list.
- LOCAL BRIEFS “Historic Fishing Lures” by Garry Ringler, a traveling exhibit, is on display at the Syracuse-Wawasee Historical Museum throughout July.
- Foundation honors local leaders, physician ELKHART — Ed and Janet Bradford of Goshen were honored with the Goshen Hospital & Health Care Foundation 2014 Lifetime health care Leadership Award during this year's Gala for HOPE in the Crystal Ballroom at the Lerner in Elkhart June 6. This year's Lifetime Physician Service Award was awarded to Dr. Jack P. Clark of Syracuse.
- ASK A VET: Spider and bug bites a concern DEAR DR. WELDY’S: I had to take my dog to the vet last week for a nasty spider bite. I did not know that a little bite could cause such a reaction. I may have taken him sooner had I known how serious of a problem it can be. — Bitten by IgnoranceDEAR
- WHOLE FAMILY: Philosophically speaking, there’s peace in loyalty Bear with me while I wax philosophical.See, I took one of those Internet quizzes — you know, “What kind of animal are you?” or “What color are you?” This one was, “What is your brain good at?” and my answer? “Philosophical thinking.”Funny, but these
- THE NATURALIZED MID-AMERICAN: Serviceberries make for a sweet treat I remember this moment from two years ago quite clearly: it was a warm day in mid-June, clear sky, the sun bright; I walked out of the Rieth Center getting ready to head home at the end of the day; I quickly went to check on a newly planted tree just
- Local Briefs Northridge senior experiences Hoosier Boys State
- More Life Headlines