- THE PLAIN SIDE: Auctioneers marshal for fast-paced, multi-ring farm event It is March 1. The car in which I am a passenger crunches into the snow-crusted driveway past the auction sign. Freeman S.’s Vernon is having a farm sale today.
Elkhart River offers a peaceful paddle for the willing
The Elkhart River is an underutilized natural resource.
- WHOLE FAMILY: WODs and PRs become a healthy addiction For little more than a year now, I've been all athletic-like, involved in a sport called CrossFit. CrossFit is a workout philosophy, a modality that includes high-intensity interval training, Olympic weightlifting and functional fitness. Those are e
- ASK A VET: Parvo virus is a puppy killer DEAR DR. WELDY'S: My family and I planning on adopting a puppy this spring and have heard a lot about parvo. What is parvo and why is it so devastating to puppies? -- Worried About Parvo DEAR WORRIED: This is a very appropriate question for this time
- Treatology blends different flavors for delicious results Dessert is an indulgence, and when you delight in the taste, texture and aroma of a decadent sweet treat, you savor every bite. It is easy to get lost in the flavor and fragrance of rich chocolate or creamy caramel.
- WEEKNIGHT WONDERS: Full-flavored favorites that skip the extra sodium Please your family’s taste buds and their hearts with delicious recipes that serve up classic appeal without the harmful sodium. Pan-seared salmon and garden-fresh spinach are featured in this scrumptious Lemon-Basil Salmon with Whole Wheat Farfalle dish. Are you in need of a soothing soup for a cold night? Look no further than this hearty recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup. Or, simplify your weeknight meal routine with Sloppy Joes and satisfy a sweet tooth with Chocolate Cookie Brownies.|When it comes to making better decisions about the foods you serve your family, today is the perfect time to start. Poor diet choices can have a huge effect on overall health and well-being. For many families, one of the biggest culprits can be found
- GROUNDS FOR INSANITY: Moms, give yourself some grace — no one's perfect It’s a Saturday morning. We are still in our pajamas, as is our wont, starting the day real slow. I glance over at Little Schrock, a cozy, little cat in his own PJ
- WHOLE FAMILY: Time to put breastfeeding days in the past Since it is later than 3:14 a.m. Feb. 22, 2014, I am done. Done. It is over. Over. No, likely I am not dead, but still alive, annoying someone somewhere, but I am all done -- finished, through -- with nursing a baby. Forever. Wait, I know you don't s
- ASK A VET: Polio can be different in lambs DEAR DR. WELDY'S: It is that time of year that we are looking at lambs for our 4-H project and someone mentioned they had a lamb they treated for polio. I never heard of such a thing. Is that contagious? Can my kids get that? -- Concerned DEAR CONCER
- PLAIN SIDE: A hike into the Grand Canyon an awe-inspiring journey “Come on ...” My thoughts, though not manifesting themselves into words, are directed at the driver of the shuttle bus hauling us to the head of the South Kaibab trail here at the Grand Canyon.
- More Life Headlines