- GLOBAL FAITHS: Some Muslims worshipping Jesus in mosque Death for apostasy has been one of the laws of Islam ever since its early centuries. The basis for this law was a comment made by Muhammad during the conflict between Mecca and Medina.
- NOT THAT YOU ASKED, BUT ...: ‘Texas Golden Girls’ ridin’ in style with beads I just returned from another trip to Texas, financed by my BFF. The trip was a gift from her. She was itching to get back to the Lonestar State (and watch a rodeo) and knew that I always wanted to go to Mardi Gras in Galveston. As fate would have it,
Kindness trumps snark in rare Internet win
The Goshen News' Daniel Riordan was heartened by some recent Internet kindness.
- GROUNDS FOR INSANITY: Bathroom mishap brings out shades of 'Terry' As her father said when recounting the incident later, “Two minus one equals The Usual Suspect. The Usual Suspect apparently underestimates the deductive reasoning of her mother.”
- WHOLE FAMILY: CrossFit injury won’t become my Achilles heal One might think I'm eating a little crow. Or my hat, shoe, dirt or simply just my words. I'm not, really, but here's why one might think so. In a more edgy tone than normal, last column I gushed about CrossFit and wrote this: "CrossFit sometimes find
- NATURALIZED MID-AMERICAN: Comprehensive Plan meetings show need of human scale, diversity I knew from what I'd heard about the first two comprehensive plan meetings that I should expect some really good discussion when I showed up at the Rieth Center for the People, Neighborhoods and Housing meeting last month. The building was already fu
- Marriage licenses The following marriage licenses were recently issued in Elkhart County: Kyle C. Willis, 28, and Beth Ann Neuenschwander, 27, both of 3549 Lake Pointe Circle, Apt 1A, Elkhart
- GLOBAL FAITHS: Christians who refuse medical help seek sign of 'superior spirituality' For some reason American Christianity seems to keep having some believers who hanker after miracles, who count upon divine healing or protection, but their faith (or should we call it folly?) ends in tragedy.
- PASTOR'S PEN: Know God? No manner of death will keep you from him He was born in Poland in 1923. By the time he was 16, he was an orphan.
- Religion in the News Brief items on upcoming, local church events.
- More Life Headlines