BLOG: Sheila's summer reading list
Looking for a few good reads this summer? Check out TGN journalist Sheila Selman's to-read list.
- LOCAL BRIEFS “Historic Fishing Lures” by Garry Ringler, a traveling exhibit, is on display at the Syracuse-Wawasee Historical Museum throughout July.
- Foundation honors local leaders, physician ELKHART — Ed and Janet Bradford of Goshen were honored with the Goshen Hospital & Health Care Foundation 2014 Lifetime health care Leadership Award during this year's Gala for HOPE in the Crystal Ballroom at the Lerner in Elkhart June 6. This year's Lifetime Physician Service Award was awarded to Dr. Jack P. Clark of Syracuse.
- ASK A VET: Spider and bug bites a concern DEAR DR. WELDY’S: I had to take my dog to the vet last week for a nasty spider bite. I did not know that a little bite could cause such a reaction. I may have taken him sooner had I known how serious of a problem it can be. — Bitten by IgnoranceDEAR
- WHOLE FAMILY: Philosophically speaking, there’s peace in loyalty Bear with me while I wax philosophical.See, I took one of those Internet quizzes — you know, “What kind of animal are you?” or “What color are you?” This one was, “What is your brain good at?” and my answer? “Philosophical thinking.”Funny, but these
- THE NATURALIZED MID-AMERICAN: Serviceberries make for a sweet treat I remember this moment from two years ago quite clearly: it was a warm day in mid-June, clear sky, the sun bright; I walked out of the Rieth Center getting ready to head home at the end of the day; I quickly went to check on a newly planted tree just
- Local Briefs Northridge senior experiences Hoosier Boys State
- GROUNDS FOR INSANITY: Mom 'procaffeinating' among rabbits, dessert and children I’d not heard it before. It was a new one for me, and I knew right away I was an expert. Procaffeinating. That was the word. Procrastinating while caffeinating. And shouldn’t Webster be all over this? Yes, he should.
- How to make devilishly good deviled eggs As a young girl, I grew up watching my mom and grandmother making deviled eggs for every Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas dinner and, as the years passed, I developed a keen eye for the tricky to master toss-everything-together-till-it-looks-right recipe.
- ASK A VET: Keep your animals cool this summer DEAR DR. WELDY’S: We have a menagerie of 4-H animals here at my house including pigs, goats and horses. We had a pig get sick this week and wondered if it might be because of heat stress. What are the symptoms of this and what might we do to prevent
- More Life Headlines
- BLOG: Sheila's summer reading list