- Marriage licenses The following marriage licenses were recently issued in Elkhart County: Kyle C. Willis, 28, and Beth Ann Neuenschwander, 27, both of 3549 Lake Pointe Circle, Apt 1A, Elkhart
- GLOBAL FAITHS: Christians who refuse medical help seek sign of 'superior spirituality' For some reason American Christianity seems to keep having some believers who hanker after miracles, who count upon divine healing or protection, but their faith (or should we call it folly?) ends in tragedy.
- PASTOR'S PEN: Know God? No manner of death will keep you from him He was born in Poland in 1923. By the time he was 16, he was an orphan.
- Religion in the News Brief items on upcoming, local church events.
- THE PLAIN SIDE: Auctioneers marshal for fast-paced, multi-ring farm event It is March 1. The car in which I am a passenger crunches into the snow-crusted driveway past the auction sign. Freeman S.’s Vernon is having a farm sale today.
Elkhart River offers a peaceful paddle for the willing
The Elkhart River is an underutilized natural resource.
- WHOLE FAMILY: WODs and PRs become a healthy addiction For little more than a year now, I've been all athletic-like, involved in a sport called CrossFit. CrossFit is a workout philosophy, a modality that includes high-intensity interval training, Olympic weightlifting and functional fitness. Those are e
- ASK A VET: Parvo virus is a puppy killer DEAR DR. WELDY'S: My family and I planning on adopting a puppy this spring and have heard a lot about parvo. What is parvo and why is it so devastating to puppies? -- Worried About Parvo DEAR WORRIED: This is a very appropriate question for this time
- Treatology blends different flavors for delicious results Dessert is an indulgence, and when you delight in the taste, texture and aroma of a decadent sweet treat, you savor every bite. It is easy to get lost in the flavor and fragrance of rich chocolate or creamy caramel.
- WEEKNIGHT WONDERS: Full-flavored favorites that skip the extra sodium Please your family’s taste buds and their hearts with delicious recipes that serve up classic appeal without the harmful sodium. Pan-seared salmon and garden-fresh spinach are featured in this scrumptious Lemon-Basil Salmon with Whole Wheat Farfalle dish. Are you in need of a soothing soup for a cold night? Look no further than this hearty recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup. Or, simplify your weeknight meal routine with Sloppy Joes and satisfy a sweet tooth with Chocolate Cookie Brownies.|When it comes to making better decisions about the foods you serve your family, today is the perfect time to start. Poor diet choices can have a huge effect on overall health and well-being. For many families, one of the biggest culprits can be found
- More Life Headlines