- GROUNDS FOR INSANITY: Sometimes we need a coach when we're striking out After a brutal, crushing winter, summer has come to our small, American town. Up and down Main Street, flowers bloom, splashing color, dripping happiness from hanging baskets and overflowing boxes.
- Local News Briefs • Historic walking tour Wednesday • GreenLockers distribution days this weekend • Original Jonah Fish Fry Saturday • Backyard Splash Bash Saturday|SOUTH BENDHistoric walking tour WednesdayStaff members of Studebaker National Museum will present a walking tour of the historic downtown South Bend district at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The tour will begin at the clock in front of Cafe Navarre, located on
- Engines roar at Cruisin' Reunion GOSHEN — The Cruise-In Reunion has become the place to be the first Friday of every July in Goshen.
- WHOLE FAMILY: This test starts even before it B-e-g-i-n-s Last week I took the last test of my bachelor’s in nursing degree, a test over subject matter I find especially interesting, nursing management. I studied a total of about 20 minutes before the test, which means I can’t complain about the “minus” att
- Don't kid around with CL infection DEAR DR. WELDY’S: My family has purchased a few kid goats recently to keep as pets on the farm. The place we bought them from said they had some goats with “CL” recently, but didn’t say anything else. What is “CL” and is it something that we should b
- Don't stomp on my liberties and I won't stomp on yours We’ve been hearing more about freedoms and liberties lately and not just because yesterday was Independence Day. In the news and in social media the debates go on over recognizing same-sex “marriages” and the HHS mandate — which seeks to force all em
- RELIGION BRIEFS: July 5, 2014 A free community event, Backyard Splash Bash 2014, is set to take place July 12 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Community Church of Waterford. There will be wet and dry fun for people of all ages.
BLOG: Sheila's summer reading list
Looking for a few good reads this summer? Check out TGN journalist Sheila Selman's to-read list.
- LOCAL BRIEFS “Historic Fishing Lures” by Garry Ringler, a traveling exhibit, is on display at the Syracuse-Wawasee Historical Museum throughout July.
- Foundation honors local leaders, physician ELKHART — Ed and Janet Bradford of Goshen were honored with the Goshen Hospital & Health Care Foundation 2014 Lifetime health care Leadership Award during this year's Gala for HOPE in the Crystal Ballroom at the Lerner in Elkhart June 6. This year's Lifetime Physician Service Award was awarded to Dr. Jack P. Clark of Syracuse.
- More Life Headlines