- DIRT ON GARDENING: Spring ‘lamb’ still a few weeks out for gardeners What is your take on the infamous saying, "In like a lion, out like a lamb?" I for one wouldn't be at all disappointed if this was the scenario in the coming weeks. I'd venture a guess nobody would be. This winter has been grueling and troublesome t
- Goshen doctor writes book on end of life A new book, "Living Thoughtfully, Dying Well: A Doctor Explains How to Make Death a Natural Part of Life," is designed to help elderly people and their families complete the practical and spiritual groundwork necessary to have a good death. As a su
- YOGA BY THE NUMBERS BOW, N.H. -- Combine Twister, paint-by-numbers and the ancient Hindu practice of breath control, meditation and poses, and you get Yoga by Numbers. The approach -- complete with a numbered mat -- was designed by a Boston woman whose own health scare
- GROUNDS FOR INSANITY: Hope ‘springs’ eternal fountain of chocolate, caffeine Just as things began to lighten up, it hit. You crawled into bed on a Saturday night. After flipping and flopping to find just the right spot, your flannel-clad posterior settled at last, and you breathed a sigh of relief. Until, that is, you remembered that it was time to follow the conventional wisdom chirped by the far-too-perky to “spring forward.”
- WHOLE FAMILY: Attitude makes impact in cancer treatment Attitude makes impact in cancer treatment
- GLOBAL FAITHS: Some Muslims worshipping Jesus in mosque Death for apostasy has been one of the laws of Islam ever since its early centuries. The basis for this law was a comment made by Muhammad during the conflict between Mecca and Medina.
- NOT THAT YOU ASKED, BUT ...: ‘Texas Golden Girls’ ridin’ in style with beads I just returned from another trip to Texas, financed by my BFF. The trip was a gift from her. She was itching to get back to the Lonestar State (and watch a rodeo) and knew that I always wanted to go to Mardi Gras in Galveston. As fate would have it,
Kindness trumps snark in rare Internet win
The Goshen News' Daniel Riordan was heartened by some recent Internet kindness.
- GROUNDS FOR INSANITY: Bathroom mishap brings out shades of 'Terry' As her father said when recounting the incident later, “Two minus one equals The Usual Suspect. The Usual Suspect apparently underestimates the deductive reasoning of her mother.”
- WHOLE FAMILY: CrossFit injury won’t become my Achilles heal One might think I'm eating a little crow. Or my hat, shoe, dirt or simply just my words. I'm not, really, but here's why one might think so. In a more edgy tone than normal, last column I gushed about CrossFit and wrote this: "CrossFit sometimes find
- More Life Headlines