We are writing to express our appreciation for our retiring principal, Mr. Jantzi. Most of the community knows about Don Jantzi’s contribution to the students and families of Chamberlain, but we as a staff would like to give the top 10 reasons why Mr. Jantzi is going to be missed:
10. He knows every student in the building, as well as their siblings, who have moved on from Chamberlain. He knows their names, their stories and their families.
9. He cares for every child in the building and expects them to work hard. A favorite quote is, “You are here to be smarter. At Chamberlain we are all working to be smarter.” He ends his announcements with, “…and learn a lot!”
8. He goes out to recess duty before school, during lunch, and after school — every single day.
7. One word that comes to mind when we think of Mr. Jantzi is “grace.” It has a trickle down effect and makes us want to be better people and teachers. We have flourished under his leadership.
6. He believes in each person. He wants the best for everyone at Chamberlain. He goes out of his way to greet every adult in the building every morning, especially the substitute teachers.
5. He supports the teachers and encourages us. He cares about us and our lives beyond our work day. He understands the need to connect with the whole person.
4. Teachers have moved to Chamberlain to work for him. He has made us better teachers and more compassionate human beings.
3. He is a servant leader, picking up trash, cleaning spots on the wall and stapling a poster that is falling off the board.
2. Mr. Jantzi is 6-foot-6. We know that whether he is at school or he is out in the community, he is someone people can “look up to!”
1. We are confident that the position of principal will be filled by another excellent educator. However we also know that Don Jantzi is irreplaceable. We are grateful for his dedication, his inspiration and his support.
We as a Chamberlain family will miss him tremendously.
— The Chamberlain
Elementary School staff