- Superb action scenes anchor 'Survivor' With all the talk about fact-based films and how accurate they should or shouldn't be, it's worth noting that some stories are best brought to screen as simply and purely as possible. This is especially true with a film like "Lone Survivor," Peter Be
- Latest 'Paranormal' offers some new angles in series LOS ANGELES -- It would be a wild exaggeration to suggest that "Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones" breathes new life into the increasingly fumes-fueled found-footage horror subgenre, but it certainly represents a shot in the arm for this series af
- A favorite returns NEW YORK -- As it returns for its much-awaited fourth season, "Downton Abbey" remains a saga about elegance, tradition and gentility -- and the pressures of preserving them. On the premiere, airing Sunday at 9 p.m. EST on PBS, Lady Mary Crawley has b
Elkhart Ice sculptors will be at park Santa's Pantry and First Baptist Church are starting the New Year with a pay it forward deed (act of kindness) for the community. On Saturday at 7 p.m. the organizations will have ice sculptors at Nibco Ice and W
- Seventh annual 'Fire and Ice Festival' is set for downtown GOSHEN -- The seventh-annual "Fire and Ice Festival" will take place in downtown Goshen this week during First Fridays. From 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, members of the Michiana Ice Carvers Association will carve 300-pound blocks of ice in front of various st
- Goshen College students explore recycling in art exhibit GOSHEN -- The Goshen College Art Department and art club are co-sponsoring a student art exhibit in the Harold and Wilma Good Library basement gallery at Goshen College. The exhibit, based on the theme "recycled," opened Nov. 28 and will be on displa
- Dailey & Vincent to perform in Shipshewana Bluegrass standouts Dailey & Vincent are scheduled to perform at the ninth-annual New Year’s Eve Extravaganza at The Blue Gate Theater in Shipshewana. Also on the bill Dec. 31 will be comedian Dennis Swanberg and bluegrass triplet trio Red Roots.
- Book on Roosevelt, Taft offers lessons, wild tales "The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism" (Simon & Schuster), by Doris Kearns Goodwin In her beautiful new account of the lives of Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft, historian Doris Kearns
- HOLIDAY SOUNDS MIDDLEBURY -- Exalt Brass, a national quartet with local roots, will be spreading holiday cheer this season at Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury with three Christmas concerts. The concerts will be at 7 p.m. Friday and at 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday at
- Locals to headline at Ignition Garage this month New Year's Eve party to feature Andru Bemis, Von Stranz and Shiny Shiny Black.
- More Entertainment Headlines