601 S. Fifth St., 533-9531
537-0241, Children’s Services
534-6650, Audiovisual Services
Summer reading programs for young people are underway at the Goshen library. Upcoming programs include:
• “Funday Monday! Get Lost in Time” is set for June 24 at 4 p.m. Children are invited to learn about archeology as they “dig into reading” with a guest presenter from the Woodlawn Nature Center. This free program is designed for children in kindergarten through third grade, and will take place in the library’s Schrock Auditorium.
• “Teen Summer Reading Program: Psychedelic Threads” is set for today from 2 to 3 p.m. at the library. Attendees are invited to make a tie-dye shirt.
• “Teen Summer Reading Program: Peace, Rhythm and Noise” is scheduled for Thursday from 2 to 3 p.m. at the library. Young people are invited to take part in a drum circle led by Garner Wireman.
• “Teen Summer Reading Program: Pedal to the Metal” will take place June 24 from 2 to 3 p.m. at Motion Left Mo-peds. Devin Biek of Motion Left Mo-peds will present a program about vintage mo-peds.
Young people in grades six through 12 can register for Teen Summer Reading Program activities by contacting the library’s main desk at 533-9531.
Summer library card
A summer-only card will be available this year for children and teens living outside the library district who wish to participate in either our children or teen summer reading programs.
The cost is $2.50 per child or $5 per family of children. Parents living outside the Goshen library district can register their children and teens for this card at the Circulation Desk. All cards will expire Aug. 31. Summer reading participation is required. Contact library staff at 533-9531 for more information.
Storytime Express sessions are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday. The theme is “Into the Woods.” Stories, fingerplays and a coloring activity is planned. This program is free and is recommended for children ages 2 to 5.
Indiana Ultimate dance, cheer team to perform at Concord Mall
Members of the Indiana Ultimate Senor Dance & Level 5 Cheer Team will be performing from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the center court at Concord Mall in Dunlap.
'Children's Book Experience' Saturday at Better World Books
A “Children’s Book Experience” for young people in elementary and middle school is set from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Better World Books in downtown Goshen.
- Shiny Shiny Black to release debut studio album “Travelers” is the name of the album. Musically speaking, the principal songwriter behind it has been on a journey himself.
Goshen native, opera singer wins $10,000 grant
Anthony Kalil, a tenor born and raised in Goshen, has won a $10,000 Richard Tucker Career Grant, officials with the Richard Tucker Music Foundation announced this week.
Easter program set at Blue Gate
The Easter season will be celebrated Wednesday through Saturday with a musical program adapted especially for The Blue Gate Theater in Shipshewana.
In three evening performances and two matinees, The Rick Webb Family and Arts Evangelica will perform music, interpretive dance, drama and dramatic monologue.
- Orchestra to perform GOSHEN -- The Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Christopher Fashun, will present its spring concert in Sauder Concert Hall Wednesday. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. The program will be highlighted by a performance of Schubert's "'U
- NAPPANEE 'HORRORS' NAPPANEE -- Performances of "Little Shop of Horrors," the 1982 black comedy rock musical, are underway as part of The Round Barn Theatre's Main Stage season. Based on the low-budget 1960 Roger Corman film of the same name, "Little Shop of Horrors" t
'Michiana Monologues' today at Goshen College
Every woman has a story. Today, “Goshen Monologues” will be an avenue for sharing those stories — written by women, told by women, and for women.
- 'Awesome Author' at GPL Goshen Public Library 601 S. Fifth St., 533-9531 537-0241, Children's Services 534-6650, Audiovisual Services http://www.goshenpl.lib.in.us/ An Awesome Author Contest for elementary school students is underway at the Goshen library. Children are inv
- Choirs in concert GOSHEN -- Goshen College choirs will perform during the annual EARTHTONES choral showcase April 12 at 7:30 p.m. in the Goshen College Music Center's Sauder Concert Hall. This marks the 10th year for the program. Performing will be the Goshen College
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Indiana Ultimate dance, cheer team to perform at Concord Mall