He made the list.
Up-and-coming country artist Hunter Hayes is scheduled to perform at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair July 24, the Wednesday of fair week. The announcement of the Hayes show finalizes the concert line-up for this summer’s shows on the grandstand stage.
In addition to Hayes, the concert series includes:
• Creedence Clearwater Revisited — Saturday, July 20
• Jason Crabb — Sunday, July 21
• Florida Georgia Line — Monday, July 22
• Vince Gill — Tuesday, July 23
Showtime is 8 p.m. for all concerts. Tickets for track seating go on sale May 18; prices are expected to be announced later this week. Grandstand seating is free on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hayes was named the Best New Artist of 2012 by the Country Music Association. That honor was preceded by a lifetime of musical interest by the young Hayes.
A native of Louisiana, Hayes began picking up various instruments when he was just 2 years old and joined his first band as a 4-year-old. That same year, he played accordion and sang “Jambalaya” with Hank Williams Jr. on stage.
As a 6-year-old, Hayes was cast in the Robert Duvall film “The Apostle.” Duvall gave Hayes his first guitar.
As a country performer, Hayes has appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” “Good Morning America,” “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “The Talk,” “E! News” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in addition to the ABC special “The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock.” His recorded output includes “Hunter Hayes Live,” an EP that showcases Hayes in his preferred environment.
“When I get on stage, that’s my home,” Hayes said. “That’s my element, and I’m not shy anymore. That’s where I’m comfortable. Getting to play live every night, that’s what I’ve always dreamed about. ...I’m blessed beyond belief.”
The Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 19 to 27. For more information, visit the website www.4hfair.org.
He made the list.
First Fridays theme is 'Live & Local'
Music: This month, it’s the main thing.
“Live & Local” is the theme for the March First Fridays in Goshen. Local and regional musicians will be performing in a host of downtown venues.
- We have 'Company' BRISTOL -- The Elkhart Civic Theatre crew will present Stephen Sondheim's musical comedy "Company" at the Bristol Opera House starting this weekend. "Company" will be performed Friday and Saturday and March 14, 15, 21 and 22 at 8 p.m., with a matinee
- LIBRARY NEWS: 'Shakespeare' in LaGrange “Ozzie & Harriet & Shakespeare: An Evening with Hamlet” is planned at the library Tuesday.
- Solo recital set at GC March 9 GOSHEN -- Mary Rose Norell, a Community School of the Arts piano instructor, will present a solo piano recital in the Goshen College Music Center's Rieth Recital Hall March 9. The recital will begin at 4 p.m. Norell, a former student in Goshen Colleg
- GC Women's World choir to perform The Goshen College Women’s World Music Choir will conclude its spring break tour with a “home concert” in the Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
- Puppet project planned Nappanee Public Library 157 N Main St., Nappanee, 773-7919 www.nappanee.lib.in.us Children are invited to make a spoon puppet in celebration of the upcoming "Something on a Stick Day" at the Nappanee library March 8. Materials for the free make-and-
- Choir festival set GOSHEN -- The 23rd annual Mennonite Youth Choir Festival is scheduled for March 1 and 2 at Goshen College. Around 150 singers from across Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and Pennsylvania are expected to take part in the event. The festival is desi
- Air Supply to perform at Lerner Theatre The Supply is coming full circle. Air Supply is set to perform at The Lerner Theatre in downtown Elkhart. And Russell Hitchcock and Graham Russell — the principal duo in the musical combo — met by way of theater nearly 40 years ago.
GC radio station up for broadcasting awards
GOSHEN — Goshen College’s student-run radio station, 91.1 FM The Globe (WGCS), is in the running for the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System’s (IBS) “Best College Radio Station in the Nation” for the fourth year in a row. WGCS received a total of eig
Aaron Neville to headline at Elkhart Jazz Festival
Musician Aaron Neville will headline the Saturday night performance at the Elkhart Jazz Festival June 20-22.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- First Fridays theme is 'Live & Local'