He made the list.
Up-and-coming country artist Hunter Hayes is scheduled to perform at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair July 24, the Wednesday of fair week. The announcement of the Hayes show finalizes the concert line-up for this summer’s shows on the grandstand stage.
In addition to Hayes, the concert series includes:
• Creedence Clearwater Revisited — Saturday, July 20
• Jason Crabb — Sunday, July 21
• Florida Georgia Line — Monday, July 22
• Vince Gill — Tuesday, July 23
Showtime is 8 p.m. for all concerts. Tickets for track seating go on sale May 18; prices are expected to be announced later this week. Grandstand seating is free on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hayes was named the Best New Artist of 2012 by the Country Music Association. That honor was preceded by a lifetime of musical interest by the young Hayes.
A native of Louisiana, Hayes began picking up various instruments when he was just 2 years old and joined his first band as a 4-year-old. That same year, he played accordion and sang “Jambalaya” with Hank Williams Jr. on stage.
As a 6-year-old, Hayes was cast in the Robert Duvall film “The Apostle.” Duvall gave Hayes his first guitar.
As a country performer, Hayes has appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” “Good Morning America,” “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “The Talk,” “E! News” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in addition to the ABC special “The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock.” His recorded output includes “Hunter Hayes Live,” an EP that showcases Hayes in his preferred environment.
“When I get on stage, that’s my home,” Hayes said. “That’s my element, and I’m not shy anymore. That’s where I’m comfortable. Getting to play live every night, that’s what I’ve always dreamed about. ...I’m blessed beyond belief.”
The Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 19 to 27. For more information, visit the website www.4hfair.org.
He made the list.
- Storyteller to present lecture GOSHEN -- "A first-born and only son, I opened my eyes in a sprawling 122-year-old farmhouse along a pleasant creek in southeastern Pennsylvania," writes Mennonite historian John Landis Ruth in "Branch: A Memoir with Pictures." As 83-year-old Ruth te
Indiana Ultimate dance, cheer team to perform at Concord Mall
Members of the Indiana Ultimate Senor Dance & Level 5 Cheer Team will be performing from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the center court at Concord Mall in Dunlap.
'Children's Book Experience' Saturday at Better World Books
A “Children’s Book Experience” for young people in elementary and middle school is set from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Better World Books in downtown Goshen.
- Shiny Shiny Black to release debut studio album “Travelers” is the name of the album. Musically speaking, the principal songwriter behind it has been on a journey himself.
Goshen native, opera singer wins $10,000 grant
Anthony Kalil, a tenor born and raised in Goshen, has won a $10,000 Richard Tucker Career Grant, officials with the Richard Tucker Music Foundation announced this week.
Easter program set at Blue Gate
The Easter season will be celebrated Wednesday through Saturday with a musical program adapted especially for The Blue Gate Theater in Shipshewana.
In three evening performances and two matinees, The Rick Webb Family and Arts Evangelica will perform music, interpretive dance, drama and dramatic monologue.
- Orchestra to perform GOSHEN -- The Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Christopher Fashun, will present its spring concert in Sauder Concert Hall Wednesday. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. The program will be highlighted by a performance of Schubert's "'U
- NAPPANEE 'HORRORS' NAPPANEE -- Performances of "Little Shop of Horrors," the 1982 black comedy rock musical, are underway as part of The Round Barn Theatre's Main Stage season. Based on the low-budget 1960 Roger Corman film of the same name, "Little Shop of Horrors" t
'Michiana Monologues' today at Goshen College
Every woman has a story. Today, “Goshen Monologues” will be an avenue for sharing those stories — written by women, told by women, and for women.
- 'Awesome Author' at GPL Goshen Public Library 601 S. Fifth St., 533-9531 537-0241, Children's Services 534-6650, Audiovisual Services http://www.goshenpl.lib.in.us/ An Awesome Author Contest for elementary school students is underway at the Goshen library. Children are inv
- More Entertainment Headlines