He made the list.
Up-and-coming country artist Hunter Hayes is scheduled to perform at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair July 24, the Wednesday of fair week. The announcement of the Hayes show finalizes the concert line-up for this summer’s shows on the grandstand stage.
In addition to Hayes, the concert series includes:
• Creedence Clearwater Revisited — Saturday, July 20
• Jason Crabb — Sunday, July 21
• Florida Georgia Line — Monday, July 22
• Vince Gill — Tuesday, July 23
Showtime is 8 p.m. for all concerts. Tickets for track seating go on sale May 18; prices are expected to be announced later this week. Grandstand seating is free on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hayes was named the Best New Artist of 2012 by the Country Music Association. That honor was preceded by a lifetime of musical interest by the young Hayes.
A native of Louisiana, Hayes began picking up various instruments when he was just 2 years old and joined his first band as a 4-year-old. That same year, he played accordion and sang “Jambalaya” with Hank Williams Jr. on stage.
As a 6-year-old, Hayes was cast in the Robert Duvall film “The Apostle.” Duvall gave Hayes his first guitar.
As a country performer, Hayes has appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” “Good Morning America,” “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “The Talk,” “E! News” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in addition to the ABC special “The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock.” His recorded output includes “Hunter Hayes Live,” an EP that showcases Hayes in his preferred environment.
“When I get on stage, that’s my home,” Hayes said. “That’s my element, and I’m not shy anymore. That’s where I’m comfortable. Getting to play live every night, that’s what I’ve always dreamed about. ...I’m blessed beyond belief.”
The Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 19 to 27. For more information, visit the website www.4hfair.org.
He made the list.
- Scientists make love, weapons in 'Manhattan' LOS ANGELES — Writer-producer Sam Shaw was grappling with how to craft a TV drama about the war on terror and the price it exacts from those who keep its secrets. He found the answer by looking back to the early 1940s, when U.S. scientists and others
- 'Little Women' opens at Round Barn Tuesday NAPPANEE — Since 1868 ambitious fans of Louisa May Alcott’s novel have dreamed of being one of the March sisters. In the pages of Little Women, young and adolescent girls are able to read about the “normalization” of ambitious women by repeatedly reinforcing the importance of individuality and female vocation.
- Bubbles and Giggles this week's Storytime Express Goshen Public Library 601 S. Fifth St., 533-9531 537-0241, Children’s Services 534-6650, Audiovisual Services http://www.goshenpl.lib.in.us/ Bubbles and Giggles Bubbles and Giggles is the theme for this week’s Storytime Express and the Summer Reading
- LIBRARY NEWS: Hypnotherapist coming to Syracuse Angie Hernandez, certified Hypnotherapist, is presenting a session on using Emotional Freedom Technique, also called tapping, on from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. People are invited to a free class to experiment with this technique for self-healing. Nick Ortner, author of The Tapping Solution, says EFT is a type of meridian tapping that combines ancient Chinese acupressure and modern psychology. Tapping utilizes the body’s energy meridian points by stimulating them with your fingertips.
- Blues legend Buddy Guy to perform at the Lerner in October On Saturday, Oct. 25, the Lerner Theatre hosts one of the most influential artists in the history of blues and rock ‘n roll.
- Candy science experiments at Milford Milford Public Library 101 N. Main St., 658-4312 Dial-A-Story, 658-9540 www.milford.lib.in.us Food and Fun Day The final food and fun day of summer will be July 23 and feature science experiments with candy. There are four sessions to choose from 10:
- Goshen High School grad Jennie Sophia takes lead in production of "Brigadoon" For Jennie Sophia, to play the lead role of Fiona MacLaren in Lerner & Lowe’s “Brigadoon” is a dream realized.
- Country/gospel sing underway at Buck Lake A Michiana Country/Gospel Weekend is underway at Buck Lake Ranch in Angola. Today there will be concerts all day from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Bands scheduled to play today include: Backwoods Ramblers, Heartstrings Bluegrass, Heaven Bound, Aaron Stutzman (y
- HBO drama probes the trauma of a missing 2 percent NEW YORK — Not long ago, 2 percent of the world’s population vanished. Quietly, instantly, with no provocation.This unfathomable loss continues to haunt all those left behind, including residents of the small New York town that serves as the setting
- Eli Wallach, veteran character actor, dies NEW YORK — Eli Wallach, the raspy-voiced character actor who starred in dozens of movies and Broadway plays over a remarkable and enduring career and earned film immortality as a conniving, quick-on-the-draw bandit in the classic Western "The Good, t
- More Entertainment Headlines