He made the list.
Up-and-coming country artist Hunter Hayes is scheduled to perform at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair July 24, the Wednesday of fair week. The announcement of the Hayes show finalizes the concert line-up for this summer’s shows on the grandstand stage.
In addition to Hayes, the concert series includes:
• Creedence Clearwater Revisited — Saturday, July 20
• Jason Crabb — Sunday, July 21
• Florida Georgia Line — Monday, July 22
• Vince Gill — Tuesday, July 23
Showtime is 8 p.m. for all concerts. Tickets for track seating go on sale May 18; prices are expected to be announced later this week. Grandstand seating is free on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hayes was named the Best New Artist of 2012 by the Country Music Association. That honor was preceded by a lifetime of musical interest by the young Hayes.
A native of Louisiana, Hayes began picking up various instruments when he was just 2 years old and joined his first band as a 4-year-old. That same year, he played accordion and sang “Jambalaya” with Hank Williams Jr. on stage.
As a 6-year-old, Hayes was cast in the Robert Duvall film “The Apostle.” Duvall gave Hayes his first guitar.
As a country performer, Hayes has appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” “Good Morning America,” “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “The Talk,” “E! News” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in addition to the ABC special “The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock.” His recorded output includes “Hunter Hayes Live,” an EP that showcases Hayes in his preferred environment.
“When I get on stage, that’s my home,” Hayes said. “That’s my element, and I’m not shy anymore. That’s where I’m comfortable. Getting to play live every night, that’s what I’ve always dreamed about. ...I’m blessed beyond belief.”
The Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 19 to 27. For more information, visit the website www.4hfair.org.
He made the list.
- Ivy Tech program gets adults to think about continuing education ELKHART — The Ivy Tech Community College Potentials Unlimited Learning Lab (PULL) has been in Elkhart for 12 years.
- A LIFETIME OF MUSIC SHIPSHEWANA He's a multiple Grammy award winner, a bluegrass virtuoso and has been a Country Music Association Entertainer of the Year. Now he can add "author" to his resume. Ricky Skaggs, who's set to perform in Shipshewana this weekend, released hi
- First Fridays theme is 'Hometown Holiday' GOSHEN -- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas -- or at least it soon will be. "Hometown Holiday" is the theme of this month's First Fridays event in downtown Goshen, and Christmas-themed activities and music will abound. Caroling will start a
- High school choirs to perform at GC GOSHEN -- The Goshen and Fairfield high school choirs, directed by Marcia Yost and Ben Kambs, respectively, will provide a musical program for the Goshen College Afternoon Sabbatical on Tuesday. The 1 p.m. program will take place in the Goshen Colleg
- 'Cinema Showcase' set Middlebury Public Library 101 E. Winslow St., 825-5601 www.mdy.lib.in.us The public is invited to the library Tuesday at 1 p.m. to watch "Unfinished Song." The comedy-drama is about grumpy Arthur, who honors his recently deceased wife by joining the
- Comedy coming to Elkhart James Witty wants you to laugh — preferably in the city of Elkhart. Even more specifically, Witty hopes you show up next year for a series of stand-up comedy gigs he’s promoting at Five Star Dive Bar, 561 E. Jackson Blvd.
- Performances setat Lerner Theater ELKHART -- Upcoming performances have been scheduled at The Lerner Theater, 410 S. Main St., Elkhart. "Contemporary Nutcracker" shows are scheduled at 2 and 7 p.m. Nov. 30. Doors open an hour prior to showtime. The Lerner version does not use the tra
- Makeup, costume designer to speak at GC GOSHEN - Sarah Elizabeth Miller spent a lot of time backstage at Goshen College's Umble Center, honing her skills as a makeup artist. On Sunday, she will return to the Umble Center, but this time she will be the one on stage. During her keynote addre
- 'Sylvia' shows continue at New World GOSHEN -- For Kate and Greg, this is something new. It's also the current production at Goshen's New World Arts. The second-weekend run of shows for "Sylvia" gets underway tonight at Art House, 211 S. Main St., home to the New World theater. Showtime
- 'Wizard of Oz' performances underway NAPPANEE -- Performances of "The Wizard of Oz" are underway at The Amish Acres Round Barn Theatre in Nappanee. Since 1939, audiences around the globe have marveled at L. Starring Judy Garland, the 1939 "Wizard of Oz" film was nominated for six Academ
- More Entertainment Headlines