Holy wardrobe displays, Batman!
The Hall of Heroes Super Hero Museum has received a donation of the original “Batman” costume worn and owned by Adam West. West had the title role in the 1966-68 television series.
The original costume was worn by West on the series and was kept and used by him personally throughout the 1970s and ’80s. West sold the suit to a private collector in 1996.
The costume was recently donated to the Super Hero Museum in Elkhart by a memorabilia collector from Staten Island, N.Y.
“He felt that Hall of Heroes ... was the best place for this rare piece of Batman history to be preserved and enjoyed by the show and comic book’s many fans,” said Allen Stewart, owner and curator of the museum. Hall of Heroes is a showcase for comic book and superhero-related memorabilia.
Stewart said the suit arrived at the museum April 5. It is accurate, and understatement, to say Stewart was excited to get the costume out of the package.
“I felt like a little kid at Christmas,” he said. “...It’s one of those things I would call a Holy Grail piece.”
Stewart said he met West a couple of years ago, and will see him again in two weeks. He plans to have West sign the Batman cowl.
“He’s going to freak out when he sees that,” Stewart predicted.
The Hall of Heroes Super Hero Museum is located at 58005 C.R. 105, Elkhart. For more information, call 574-293-0755.
Holy wardrobe displays, Batman!
First Fridays theme is 'Live & Local'
Music: This month, it’s the main thing.
“Live & Local” is the theme for the March First Fridays in Goshen. Local and regional musicians will be performing in a host of downtown venues.
- We have 'Company' BRISTOL -- The Elkhart Civic Theatre crew will present Stephen Sondheim's musical comedy "Company" at the Bristol Opera House starting this weekend. "Company" will be performed Friday and Saturday and March 14, 15, 21 and 22 at 8 p.m., with a matinee
- LIBRARY NEWS: 'Shakespeare' in LaGrange “Ozzie & Harriet & Shakespeare: An Evening with Hamlet” is planned at the library Tuesday.
- Solo recital set at GC March 9 GOSHEN -- Mary Rose Norell, a Community School of the Arts piano instructor, will present a solo piano recital in the Goshen College Music Center's Rieth Recital Hall March 9. The recital will begin at 4 p.m. Norell, a former student in Goshen Colleg
- GC Women's World choir to perform The Goshen College Women’s World Music Choir will conclude its spring break tour with a “home concert” in the Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
- Puppet project planned Nappanee Public Library 157 N Main St., Nappanee, 773-7919 www.nappanee.lib.in.us Children are invited to make a spoon puppet in celebration of the upcoming "Something on a Stick Day" at the Nappanee library March 8. Materials for the free make-and-
- Choir festival set GOSHEN -- The 23rd annual Mennonite Youth Choir Festival is scheduled for March 1 and 2 at Goshen College. Around 150 singers from across Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and Pennsylvania are expected to take part in the event. The festival is desi
- Air Supply to perform at Lerner Theatre The Supply is coming full circle. Air Supply is set to perform at The Lerner Theatre in downtown Elkhart. And Russell Hitchcock and Graham Russell — the principal duo in the musical combo — met by way of theater nearly 40 years ago.
GC radio station up for broadcasting awards
GOSHEN — Goshen College’s student-run radio station, 91.1 FM The Globe (WGCS), is in the running for the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System’s (IBS) “Best College Radio Station in the Nation” for the fourth year in a row. WGCS received a total of eig
Aaron Neville to headline at Elkhart Jazz Festival
Musician Aaron Neville will headline the Saturday night performance at the Elkhart Jazz Festival June 20-22.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- First Fridays theme is 'Live & Local'