101 N. Main St., 658-4312
“After School is Cool! Tuesdays” sessions are set at the library. Tuesday at 3:30 p.m., youngsters can make crafts and play outdoor games. Snacks willl be provided.
On Sept. 24, children can read to Whisper the dog. Sign up is available at the Children’s Desk.
Wendi Rummel and Jill VanSickle will present a “Geocaching 101” program at the library Sept. 27 at 3:30 p.m. for an after-school event.
People with access to a GPS device or smartphone can bring it along to find the cache that is hidden at the library. Children younger than 10 years should be accompanied by an adult to help them, according to library staffers.
This program is for people of all ages.
The Afternoon Knitting Club will meet Friday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the library meeting room.
The next nutrition program with Purdue Extension Educator Joan Younce is set for Sept. 30 at 6:30 p.m. The topic will be “Tantalizing Tomatoes.” Attendees can taste different recipes and receive a copy of the recipe. Sign up at the Adult Desk begins Sept. 23.
Teens’ Top Ten
Every year at this time, the Young Adult Library Services Association asks teens what their favorite books of the year have been. Teens can now vote for their favorite titles of the 2013 Teens’ Top Ten. This year there are 28 nominees, and copies of all the books are available at the Milford library. Selecting a Teens’ Top Ten is part of the Teen Read Week celebration, set for Oct. 13 to 19. Voting is available through Oct. 19.
The top 10 titles with the most votes will be named the official titles of the 2013 Teens’ Top Ten. Winners will be announced the week of Oct. 21. Go online to http://www.ala.org/yalsa/reads4teens to vote.
Easter program set at Blue Gate
The Easter season will be celebrated Wednesday through Saturday with a musical program adapted especially for The Blue Gate Theater in Shipshewana.
In three evening performances and two matinees, The Rick Webb Family and Arts Evangelica will perform music, interpretive dance, drama and dramatic monologue.
- Orchestra to perform GOSHEN -- The Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Christopher Fashun, will present its spring concert in Sauder Concert Hall Wednesday. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. The program will be highlighted by a performance of Schubert's "'U
- NAPPANEE 'HORRORS' NAPPANEE -- Performances of "Little Shop of Horrors," the 1982 black comedy rock musical, are underway as part of The Round Barn Theatre's Main Stage season. Based on the low-budget 1960 Roger Corman film of the same name, "Little Shop of Horrors" t
'Michiana Monologues' today at Goshen College
Every woman has a story. Today, “Goshen Monologues” will be an avenue for sharing those stories — written by women, told by women, and for women.
- 'Awesome Author' at GPL Goshen Public Library 601 S. Fifth St., 533-9531 537-0241, Children's Services 534-6650, Audiovisual Services http://www.goshenpl.lib.in.us/ An Awesome Author Contest for elementary school students is underway at the Goshen library. Children are inv
- Choirs in concert GOSHEN -- Goshen College choirs will perform during the annual EARTHTONES choral showcase April 12 at 7:30 p.m. in the Goshen College Music Center's Sauder Concert Hall. This marks the 10th year for the program. Performing will be the Goshen College
Improv comedy contest Saturday in Bristol
Organizers say a sold-out crowd last weekend selected four comedy troupes to compete for the title of Comedy Criminal of the Year this coming Saturday at the Bristol Opera House.
Green Day Frolic Friday in Goshen
GOSHEN On your mark, get set -- go green. The Green Day Frolic is the theme of this week's First Fridays festival in downtown Goshen. This month's event will include a 5k run and 2k walk. "When we started (the Frolic) originally, we had a focus prima
Rachel Ries to perform at Ignition Music Garage Thursday
Rachel Ries, backed by her band Never Lonely, is scheduled to perform at Ignition Music Garage, 120 E. Washington St., Goshen, Thursday. Showtime is 7:30 p.m.
Ries, who attended Goshen College, released her album “Ghost of a Gardener” on Feb. 18.
Registration open for First Fridays 5k run, 2k walk
An early registration price of $18 for the Goshen First Fridays 5k run and 2k walk is available until noon Thursday.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Easter program set at Blue Gate